• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2013 Tour of Oman (11th-16th February), 2.HC

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dazed and Confused said:
meh, not a sky/froome fan, but I am excited about additional riders stepping up.
Also good to see some of the young French riders snapping at the heels..

I mean a complete Wiggins-like domination is only exciting for his fans. Just like no one except me and a few others will be hoping for Alberto to win every GT he starts in by 5+ minutes.

Angliru said:
Chin up, don't fret. It's quite early in the season. Results like this only give Contador more motivation to train even harder and also to learn from.

But normally he wins even in the early season :( I don't know, it's just that every race in which he doesn't live up to the expectations makes me more nervous for the next. I don't want this anymore, I just want him to comfortably win a race so I can be sure he's okay.

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
There will be no Sky domination in the Giro or Tour. J-Rod in ****e form easily beat Froome today. The others will be ready when it matters.

And your assumptions are based on what? looked like he was in pretty decent form to be fair.

LaFlorecita said:
But normally he wins even in the early season :( I don't know, it's just that every race in which he doesn't live up to the expectations makes me more nervous for the next. I don't want this anymore, I just want him to comfortably win a race so I can be sure he's okay.

You need to calm down girl :) He has already said he will work up the form slower this year than usual with le Tour as the target. This is the older and hopefully wiser Alberto. Don't worry he will win his fair share this season :)

Besides it's less fun watching when someone wins easily! The battle is the entertainment for the spectators! I will never forget that Vuelta, much more enjoyable than a blowout!!!!

And yes his sensations are Very Important to him...and any other cyclist for that matter.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Yeah, Ryo no doubt saw Froome coming as a once in a generation talent years ago

Just forgot to tell everybody all the talent he saw as he was too busy hyping Colombians that will never get into the WT:rolleyes:

I'm not focussed on riders from kenya, still I predicted more than anyone I know. there's a reason I make a living watching cycling :rolleyes:

HiCadence

BANNED
Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
whats so suprising about Velits. He really isn't that good. He got 3rd on the weakest GT of the past 10 years and yeah, he did win here last year, but other than that he is only an average climber

He obviously isn't going to podium but you'd think he'd hit this stage hard to try and place as well as possible after all isn't what sponsors want?

Cavendash

BANNED
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
There will be no Sky domination in the Giro or Tour. J-Rod in ****e form easily beat Froome today. The others will be ready when it matters.

Well if thats J-Rod in ****e form i cant wait to see him in top form.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
This race really needs live video, sounds like a great race. Definitely did not expect Purito to be so good, his form hasn't seemed the best. Nor did I expect Evans to do so well in his first race, which bodes very well for the season ahead. Really looking forward to the Tour, it should be a great one with Purito, Froome, Evans and Contador.

LaFlorecita said:

Psst...Tour de San Luis.

proxy.jpg

Froome and JRod comfortable, Nibbles and Alberto struggling?

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
who said jrod is in bad form?
and I hope people stop making conclusions regarding the who will win the tour/giro/vuelta by looking at the results in tour of oman. Its one of the first stage races and no-one has peaked. Some would work that extra bit in order to get a result here because it might give them confidence and it will play a psychological game with their grand tour rivals. Just because froome did better than alberto today doesn't mean that he will do the same in July.