• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Giro d'Italia, Stage 15: Valdengo-Plan Di Montecampione (225 km)

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BofWWn5CMAIuQW7.jpg

TANK91 said:
I told you so, i predicted it(Skip Bayless quote). I said Italy will always have a new generation comming they always do when one dies(Basso) their will be one to step up(Aru). Next breakthrough will probably be Cattaneo or Rosa in terms of climbing mountains, hope Aru can podium.

I think Uran, Quintana, Majka, Aru, Evans will be top 5. I wish people would shut up about Evans though, why guys his age are now entering further and further back to the gruppetto, Evans keeps on over achieveing would be nice for him to get props at his age.

Once again, very well said TANK, especially the last part about Evans. The voice of reason.

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Is this the same Fabio Aru that couldn't live with Joe Dombrowski on the big climbs, 2 years ago?

An OK finish, but really not as great as some are making out.
A few kms of action as opposed to the final km and a half.
Single mountain stages are all a bit meh.

Disappointed that Keldermerckx slipped a bit.
Hope it's not a sign of things to come.

I agree that it wasn't that great but Aru was immense.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes i agreee this is not like Nibali this is Basso. Hope i dont look an idiot now but im sure Nibali never won a MTF at this age. Come on Aru, 2015,2016,2017 2020 2021 Aru will win 5 Giro's

TANK91 said:
I think Uran, Quintana, Majka, Aru, Evans will be top 5. I wish people would shut up about Evans though, why guys his age are now entering further and further back to the gruppetto, Evans keeps on over achieveing would be nice for him to get props at his age.

well said. the guy is an ambassador for the sport and still gets slagged. he gives 110% every time he sits on a bike

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Strange final climb by Quintana. Still not a his best, but still better than Uran.

Quintana, Aru or Uran will win this giro. With Quintana or Aru as the most likely ones.

And it was strange to think anyway that Pozzovivo would not have a bad day in a GT anymore;)

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Super Aru ! :p

No idea what Quintana was playing at though, seems he's moving into the Andy Schleck role of great climber but doesn't understand how to win a bike race.

willbick said:
young guy wins mountain stage in GT and is hailed as the next eddy mercxx, pantani and bahamontes rolled into one.

has this ever happened before??! :rolleyes:

Do tell me the last time when a guy was a dominant climber in youths, moved up to the pros and took his first win in a straight fight with GT contenders, as opposed to being allowed to go away and win.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Anybody who wins the Giro delle Valle d'Aosta thanks to soloing in on a big mountain stage wins my fandom.

Although that particular mountaintop wasn't even in the Valle d'Aosta.

P_MP_72.jpg

That's a really lengthy stage. Phew ;)

That was a pretty good final climb.

Aru was awesome, that long attack with Uran on his wheel was very cool.

Rolland has been the most exciting rider of the Giro so far, i think he might make it to the top 5 at this rate.

Majka and Uran continue to be neither the best nor the worse which is kind of weird

And Quintana seems to be getting into shape which will make the third week very fun.

Hopefully this was just a bad day Pozzovivo =/

TRENDING THREADS