• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France, Stage 10: Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles 161.5 Km

Page 29 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Honestly i am an huge Nibali fan but him winning the Tour with both Froome and Contador crashing out would put a big * next to his win.

I know crashing out is part of the race but if this frame snapping story is true than Contador is not to blame for his crash this is really just a freak accident

The Hitch said:
How the **** did he lose 4 minutes??? You crash, you're down for 30 -40 seconds maybe. Even people who were too injured to continue the Tour have usually got back up quicker than that.

Then what happens the next 3 minutes. He just stood there?

also a big bleeding wound on his knee, they needed to suit up.

But aint pretty for Specialized, if one of there frames failed.

// 3 mins atm. to peloton..

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
If Contador somehow on a mysterious way manages to come back and lose zero time there's still the aftereffects of the crash.

This is over. Is there any other race going on? Austria finished right?

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Not liking either of them, watching the double standards between Froome/Contador supporters on here is better watching than half the stages of your average TdF.

Grabs popcorn...

Parrulo said:
Honestly i am an huge Nibali fan but him winning the Tour with both Froome and Contador crashing out would put a big * next to his win.

I know crashing out is part of the race but if this frame snapping story is true than Contador is not to blame for his crash this is really just a freak accident
I will give my bike to Contador in the next Tour, it hasn't broken yet and has been going for some years now. Seriously, if this is true, what kind of bikes are they using?!

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Parrulo said:

Yes very sad I hope he's ok and gets back up there

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:

weather helps, you don't win the Tour without a little luck:D

Moose McKnuckles said:
Who the f*ck is Matt Keenan?

An Australian cycling journalist. He is also, IMHO, a very good commentator. He was on a feed used by British ITV4 the year that Wiggins rode the Vuelta, but sadly I have never heard him since as ITV4 stick with the 2 old codgers.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
whether helps, you don't win the Tour without a little luck:D

Wow i thought he was happy but i didn't think he was gonna come public with his, this guy is really happy with this, zero class at all.

When Froome crashed i felt sad.

TRENDING THREADS