• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2014 Tour de France Stage 4: Le Touquet-Paris-Plage / Lille Métropole: 163km, flat

Page 16 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
OPQS started with 4 km to go. For Renshaw.

That has to be a big fail. Do they not know any other way to ride the finale of a sprint stage?

Afrank said:
OPQS should just send attacker after attacker off the front instead of leading the peloton. No way Renshaw would ever beat Kittel in a straight up sprint.

I think they should put Martin on the front at 3km to go with the rest of the team behind him, then have them all sit-up to give him a gap and go solo.

It'll only work once but it could be amusing. ;)

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I was impressed by the gap the two man Katusha leadout got over the Kittel group with around 500 metres to go. Those blaming the last leadout guy for leaving Kristoff too early, remember that he brought him to the front from nowhere

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
sultanofhyd said:
I was impressed by the gap the two man Katusha leadout got over the Kittel group with around 500 metres to go. Those blaming the last leadout guy for leaving Kristoff too early, remember that he brought him to the front from nowhere

I wasn't blaming him, I'm stating fact. FACT: If dude coulda held on another 20m it was over.