• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 6: Abbeville-Le Havre 191.5km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

MatParker117 said:
Two for Purito?
I think he's got a great chance, especially with Valverde seemingy not on top form.

Here's the last kilometres of LBL. Basically 1km at 7km followed by a false flat to the line. Almost identical to the final kilometres of stage 6.

PROFILKMS.jpg

Obviously the stage itself is nowhere near as hard as LBL, but the riders are tired from five days of (mostly) hard racing. So the climbers should at least have a chance. A sprinter (most likely Sagan) may make it across to a reduced final bunch, but if Rodriguez, Valverde or even Froome go hard from early on the climb, I think they will be gone.

Re: Re:

Eyeballs Out said:
DFA123 said:
Eyeballs Out said:
Breakaway could win. Who is going to bring it back ? Sagan would be clear favourite but I don't see Tinkoff working

Surely Etixx would work really hard to pull back any breakaway. And they've got a pretty strong team to do it with.

For who ? Kwiatkowski ? He doesn't seem in top shape

Well, one to defend the yellow jersey - depending on the make-up of the breakaway - and secondly, they have Kwiatk, Stybar and possibly even Trentin, who could all do something in the finish.

Sky will work hard at the front as well - it's just what they do.

DFA123 said:
Eyeballs Out said:
DFA123 said:
Eyeballs Out said:
Breakaway could win. Who is going to bring it back ? Sagan would be clear favourite but I don't see Tinkoff working

Surely Etixx would work really hard to pull back any breakaway. And they've got a pretty strong team to do it with.

Well, one to defend the yellow jersey - depending on the make-up of the breakaway - and secondly, they have Kwiatk, Stybar and possibly even Trentin, who could all do something in the finish.

They'll have more chance of defending yellow if the break stays away (for pretty much any realistic break)

Plus if they bring the break back it would be pretty much conceding defeat in the points jersey

Still you never know. Their tactics were unfathomable in the finale on sunday

Eyeballs Out said:
DFA123 said:
Eyeballs Out said:
DFA123 said:
Eyeballs Out said:

They'll have more chance of defending yellow if the break stays away (for pretty much any realistic break)

Plus if they bring the break back it would be pretty much conceding defeat in the points jersey

Still you never know. Their tactics were unfathomable in the finale on sunday

You might be right that it could be best for Etixx to let a break go, but it doesn't seem their style to passively defend the jersey like that.

I think a break is still unlikely to make it though. Looking at the route on google there are quite a lot of short ascents and descents, some of them are quite technical; so I think the GC teams will be fighting a lot to get their riders to the front throughout the day - that should keep the pace of the peloton fairly high.

TRENDING THREADS