• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 7: Livarot - Fougeres, 190.5 km

When we are ready to move on from talking about who wears the yellow jersey when the leader cannot start, the throwing (or non-throwing) of bidons, and how a wheel injuries a knee and a knee damages a wheel, we can start discussing what will likely be one of the least interesting stages of this year's TDF.

Stage 7 is a straightforward flat sprint stage, with only one categorized climb, the category 4 Côte de Canapville at 12.5 km. There is also an intermediate sprint at 65.5 km, so a break might have a hard time forming early on.

stage_07_map_670.jpg

stage_07_profile_670.jpg

GYlQD1I.jpg

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
An early mountain point and intermediate sprint are at least a bit interesting, OTOH from km 66 it will be boring till 5km to go, some sleeping tomorrow after after morining ride probably.:D

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I was impressed that Kristoff managed to be in the front group up the final climb today, shows he is in great shape. On stage 5 he opened his sprint way too early, but still sprinted strong. The slight uphill finish tomorrow will suit him well. I predict Kristoff to win.

Someone will crash
Someone will break something

Cav will go too early
Sagan will get 2nd
Some Dutch guy will crash
Zubeldia won't be seen
Froome will almost crash
Something will happen that makes Contador go nuts while nothing really happened
Voeckler will get the most screen time at the back of the peloton
Ryo's prediction will be wrong
Andy will make a statment that echelons, hills, cobbles and tt's shouldn't feature in the Tour de France

That's about it I think

Re:

Red Rick said:
Someone will crash
Someone will break something

Cav will go too early
Sagan will get 2nd
Some Dutch guy will crash
Zubeldia won't be seen
Froome will almost crash
Something will happen that makes Contador go nuts while nothing really happened
Voeckler will get the most screen time at the back of the peloton
Ryo's prediction will be wrong
Andy will make a statment that echelons, hills, cobbles and tt's shouldn't feature in the Tour de France

That's about it I think

well, maybe some of the predictions will be wrong, but thanks for the laugh :D

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
The best thing I can say about this stage is that it's coming on a day when I really wanted to watch tennis. Beyond crash risk which is always there, I can't see a lot happening.

The stage shouldn't be underestimated.
The teams and riders are most probably already thinking about Saturday and Sunday. Also, the two "easy" days in the saddle they've had can help the stage being overlooked.
And it's running on the exposed roads through villages on lumpy terrain. The wind doesn't need to be present if someone's not paying attention when the speed picks up after leisure ride. Early KOM goes in favour of a "nap stage", too.

TRENDING THREADS