• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181.5km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Ramon Koran said:
Evans palmarès: 1tdf (fluke), 2 2nd places plus 1 fluked wc.
Froome:1 tdf, soon to be 2, 2 2nd place vuelta, 1 2nd place tour ( he should have won).
Coming back to the mur de Bretagne, Froome is a more explosive rider (mur de huy) than Evans he will be far stronger.

Oh my god! :( :confused:

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Froome is more explosive than Evans? I'd like to see Froome win Fleche Wallone or the World as Evans did.

Man the july fans...
Froome climbed huy faster than Evans despite not being in pick form yet, definitly more explosive.

Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Froome is more explosive than Evans? I'd like to see Froome win Fleche Wallone or the World as Evans did.

Man the july fans...

Do you think Froome couldn't win Fleche if he acctually targetted it? The Worlds is obviously a different matter and I doubt Froome will ever seriously contend a world RR although I wish he would because I enjoy it when other GC guys like Nibali are in the mix.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Man the july fans...
Froome climbed huy faster than Evans despite not being in pick form yet, definitly more explosive.
You do realize FW is a whole lot harder than the TDF course they did?

You are really a bad troll.
Typical, someone doesnt share your point of view, you accuse him of being a troll, instead of debating your point of view.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:

Man the july fans...

You know it's bad when we gotta talk evans up :D

Although in his last part of his career he had great moments unlike his wheelsucking years

Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Man the july fans...

Typical, someone doesnt share your point of view, you accuse him of being a troll, instead of debating your point of view. Pathetic.

He did more than just call you a troll. He explained that FW is harder than the stage they did this year in the Tour.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Someone who makes outragous claims like you isn't to be taken seriously. Like saying Froome is the best stage racer of all time. Clearly shows no sense of history whatsoever. There's at least 15 riders ahead of him historically speaking
15 riders, please tell me i can think of 5 that you could argue are better no more.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Man the july fans...

Typical, someone doesnt share your point of view, you accuse him of being a troll, instead of debating your point of view.

Well, Evans won Fleche Wallonne, Froome didn't, there's a point of view.

And Froome didn't climbed faster up the Mur than Evans, he was slower 4 seconds despite stage was 40km shorter then classic FW and also much, much easier. There's another point of view

Miburo said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Man the july fans...

You know it's bad when we gotta talk evans up :D

Although in his last part of his career he had great moments unlike his wheelsucking years

Even in his wheelsucking years he had glorious moments. Plus I always got the sense he left it all on the road. It should be no shame to talk Evans up. Serre Chevalier chase, Empire Pass descent and win in Park City, his classics wins etc etc. I don't care if Froome has and will achieve better GC results, I think he will never be half the rider Cadel was.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering so many people put Froome on 1 for this stage.

Since when he's better on these kind of finishes then Purito, Dan Martin and Sagan?

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

pitchnduel said:
Froome is arguably the best stage race rider of all time

Obviously, his ONE grand tour GC qualifies him for such praise over lazy bums like Merckx and Hinault
Ill admit Froome is behind those two at the moment, but i think he is on par with Contador, Armstrong and indurain. If he wins this tour beating Contador, nibali and Quintana it would be the most impressive gt win perhaps of all time, Froome will then have a place amongst the greats. Lets not forget Froome says he will ride till 40, he can pick another 10-11 gt in that time.

Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Someone who makes outragous claims like you isn't to be taken seriously. Like saying Froome is the best stage racer of all time. Clearly shows no sense of history whatsoever. There's at least 15 riders ahead of him historically speaking
15 riders, please tell me i can think of 5 that you could argue are better no more.

Merckx, Hinault, Bobet, Coppi, Bartali, Fignon, Contador, Anquetil, Indurain, Binda, Koblet, Gaul, LeMond, Pantani, Nibali.

That's just off the top of my head, there are many more.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Arredondo said:
I'm wondering so many people put Froome on 1 for this stage.

Since when he's better on these kind of finishes then Purito, Dan Martin and Sagan?
Purito is better on steaper hills, Sagan is not going to pass the steep 1st km, Martin is overhyped.

TRENDING THREADS