• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181.5km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Someone who makes outragous claims like you isn't to be taken seriously. Like saying Froome is the best stage racer of all time. Clearly shows no sense of history whatsoever. There's at least 15 riders ahead of him historically speaking
15 riders, please tell me i can think of 5 that you could argue are better no more.

Even Menchov has a better palmares than your man. It's too much of a hassle to name the other 49. Froome has some work to do to fulfill your dream.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site

Ramon Koran said:
Arredondo said:
I'm wondering so many people put Froome on 1 for this stage.

Since when he's better on these kind of finishes then Purito, Dan Martin and Sagan?
Purito is better on steaper hills, Sagan is not going to pass the steep 1st km, Martin is overhyped.

Purito and Martin are also better on these kind of climbs. They are just better then Froome in hilly terrain.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

King Boonen said:
Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Someone who makes outragous claims like you isn't to be taken seriously. Like saying Froome is the best stage racer of all time. Clearly shows no sense of history whatsoever. There's at least 15 riders ahead of him historically speaking
15 riders, please tell me i can think of 5 that you could argue are better no more.

Merckx, Hinault, Bobet, Coppi, Bartali, Fignon, Contador, Anquetil, Indurain, Binda, Koblet, Gaul, LeMond, Pantani, Nibali.

That's just off the top of my head, there are many more.
Seems fair maybe i was a bit premature in saying that he is top , but i think he will become top, cant see anyone beating him any time soon.

Re: 2015 Tour de France Stage 8: Rennes-Mur de Bretagne, 181

DBotero said:
Too many people believe Valverde will do well,so now i expect him to not even try :(

a) Valverde (Mur de Huy) has been clearly my worst pick so far. b) I still think Valverde is the best rider for such a finish. c) I gave up on Cav today and of course he wins. I know that the argumentation is somewhat irrational, but I have to go for Alex "Greendale". Second, Sagan (who else?). Third: Dan Martin.

I hope though that at least one of the Yates twins is up there tomorrow.

Ramon Koran said:
pitchnduel said:
Froome is arguably the best stage race rider of all time

Obviously, his ONE grand tour GC qualifies him for such praise over lazy bums like Merckx and Hinault
Ill admit Froome is behind those two at the moment, but i think he is on par with Contador, Armstrong and indurain. If he wins this tour beating Contador, nibali and Quintana it would be the most impressive gt win perhaps of all time, Froome will then have a place amongst the greats. Lets not forget Froome says he will ride till 40, he can pick another 10-11 gt in that time.

Ramon, I think Froome can get as much as 20 GT's to his name before he retires.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

BigMac said:
Ramon Koran said:
pitchnduel said:

Obviously, his ONE grand tour GC qualifies him for such praise over lazy bums like Merckx and Hinault
Ill admit Froome is behind those two at the moment, but i think he is on par with Contador, Armstrong and indurain. If he wins this tour beating Contador, nibali and Quintana it would be the most impressive gt win perhaps of all time, Froome will then have a place amongst the greats. Lets not forget Froome says he will ride till 40, he can pick another 10-11 gt in that time.

Think your a bit optimistic, 2 à year would be à push unless he only does giro-vuelta. But think he can win tour untill 2022 that you would give him 8 and then maybe 2-3 vueltas untill 2025.

Looks like Lampre have had a kick up the backside for being so anonymous, see Durasek in the break today.

Tomorrow then Rui Costa reminds everyone that he is actually riding in this race after all. Takes the stage in a good old 1-2 move with Raphael Valls leading him out up the first steep bit.

BigMac said:
Ramon Koran said:
pitchnduel said:

I didn't expect this from a moderator.
Especially to a rookie.

Jspear said:
Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Froome is more explosive than Evans? I'd like to see Froome win Fleche Wallone or the World as Evans did.

Man the july fans...
Froome climbed huy faster than Evans despite not being in pick form yet, definitly more explosive.
You do realize FW is a whole lot harder than the TDF course they did?

You are really a bad troll.
Typical, someone doesnt share your point of view, you accuse him of being a troll, instead of debating your point of view. Pathetic.

He did more than just call you a troll. He explained that FW is harder than the stage they did this year in the Tour.

Which kinda contradicts his original claim that Evans is the more explosive one.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site

Bushman said:
Jspear said:
Ramon Koran said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ramon Koran said:
Froome climbed huy faster than Evans despite not being in pick form yet, definitly more explosive.
You do realize FW is a whole lot harder than the TDF course they did?

You are really a bad troll.
Typical, someone doesnt share your point of view, you accuse him of being a troll, instead of debating your point of view. Pathetic.

He did more than just call you a troll. He explained that FW is harder than the stage they did this year in the Tour.

Which kinda contradicts his original claim that Evans is the more explosive one.
Not when your claim that someone is more explosive is based on climbing speed

Surprised to see the Costa hype going on for tomorrow. Murito finishes have never really been his thing. He'll place decently because he doesn't completely suck at them either, probably top 20, but I don't see him as a contender for the stage unless he goes really early and everybody falls asleep. I'd hype him more for something like a Gap finish. Hell, if they soft-pedal the Tourmalet I can see him going for the Cauterets stage.

Ramon Koran said:
BigMac said:
BYOP88 said:
TheGreenMonkey said:
Contador was coming quickly over the top of Evans last time he just didn't get there in time, perhaps he will go one better this time having learnt from the error.

Froome is in a whole different league to Evans.

Indeed, an insult to Evans in this instance.
Your joking, evans was à mediocre rider who happened to get lucky one year. Froome is arguably the best stage race rider of all time, and definitly the best or the last 5 years. Evans isnt close.
Lol.............