• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015-Tour de Yorkshire (2.1)-1.05/3.05

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

willbick said:
This time gap rule seems odd to me. Surely the second group should be 1 sec back not 6 secs??

It is not the gap between the back of one group and the front of the next: it is the difference between the winner and the front of each subsequent group.
By your proposal, what if there were another 1 second split near the back of the peloton: would they be awarded a time of +2?

Today's profile:
profile-03.jpg

Expect some rain

My weather forecast says that it will clear up in the afternoon. For most of the last 50-60km the wind will be generally favourable apart from the last few km. Expect Europcar and, in particular, BMC, to go all out to split up the race. GvA or Herrmans will try to draw the sting out of the Sky team for Sammy, but I think Deignan and Nordhaug will be too strong.

having really enjoyed watching the first day, and expecting similar today, i am now a fan of this race and want it to become a modern-day prestigious race, a 3 day strade bianche if you will. therefore i hope tommy v or samu successfully attack hordhaug to set the tone for good winners in the future.