• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015-Tour de Yorkshire (2.1)-1.05/3.05

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Catwhoorg said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Wow I'm only just turning in; looks like a great race! :)

Great Britain is a lovely country for cycling as far as terrain is concerned. Wouldn't mind to see more racing in Britain!

It really is.
Not much in the way of Alpine HC climbs, but lots of opportunity for Medium Mountain type stages that reward aggressive riding from way out.

There really should be a world tour semi-classic race in UK

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Millar and Ned...a fu%%ing nightmare of a commentary team...Boring as Fu%%
Another boring British race.....where is the creativity in these routes dull dull dull.
I just watched the neighbours cat chasing bees in my garden , now that was entertaining.

ray j willings said:
Millar and Ned...a fu%%ing nightmare of a commentary team...Boring as Fu%%
Another boring British race.....where is the creativity in these routes dull dull dull.
I just watched the neighbours cat chasing bees in my garden , now that was entertaining.

Had Quigley on ES, at least Matt Stephens alongside him is ok.

Route was fine, when you have groups of 4/5 riders across the road at 30k's to go i can't complain! Sunday should be even better.

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
wow, nice racing

also, amazing crowds , much more people than even your average flat Vuelta or Giro stage

GB should get a WT race i think

willbick said:
Catwhoorg said:
Maaaaaaaarten said:
Wow I'm only just turning in; looks like a great race! :)

Great Britain is a lovely country for cycling as far as terrain is concerned. Wouldn't mind to see more racing in Britain!

It really is.
Not much in the way of Alpine HC climbs, but lots of opportunity for Medium Mountain type stages that reward aggressive riding from way out.

There really should be a world tour semi-classic race in UK
There is fantastic scope for a hilly World Championships in the UK. I live near Bath, and it is a beautiful city with some great, short, steep, ardennes-like climbs as well and would IMO be great for a WC. But the UK has so many steep hills that a semi-classic would be great :)

Re:

Swiss Tony said:
bit of a 22% there... Looks beautiful ...I miss England : (

Missing my mum's home county. For me this is the best sort of terrain for a bike race. Plenty of platforms for the strong guys to attack, but depending on the composition of the break they can be chased down. Deignan had an awesome ride today. Almost like a one-day race. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Catwhoorg said:
rick james said:

Looks pretty solid on paper.

I hiked a fair bit in the Caingorms with my fiance when I was doing my post-grad education at Dundee.

Getting crowds in and out could be problematical, but far less so than in the Highlands
its a tough route, i done it last year, the Lecht is a complete killer, i actually thought i was going to die on the bike, worst i've every felt, the lecht hits something like 27%

TRENDING THREADS