• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Martin

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

auscyclefan94 said:
Not expecting any major time gaps other than from those on a bad day. It will be difficult for any climber to make a difference on stage with only 1 real climb and the final climb being relatively shallow in the final third of the ascent. I think something similar to Morzine Avoriaz will occur in the results.
Hi Carol...how are you? nice to see you back

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: Re:

Zam_Olyas said:
auscyclefan94 said:
Not expecting any major time gaps other than from those on a bad day. It will be difficult for any climber to make a difference on stage with only 1 real climb and the final climb being relatively shallow in the final third of the ascent. I think something similar to Morzine Avoriaz will occur in the results.

Very funny! :rolleyes:

I'm well thanks. I've missed much of the first week of the Tour due to being away for work but glad to be back for the real stuff.

auscyclefan94 said:
Zam_Olyas said:
auscyclefan94 said:

I'm well thanks. I've missed much of the first week of the Tour due to being away for work but glad to be back for the real stuff.
The first week was not bad.

auscyclefan94 said:
Zam_Olyas said:
auscyclefan94 said:

I stood next to your hero in Utrecht. Took me a while to notice Evans walked passed me and chatted with some people. Since he didnt wear cycling clothes I didnt notice him until he walked off though :)

Re:

Kwibus said:
The climb starts really steep so if there is a team that goes full genius at the bottom there will be big gaps.

I dont think Contador has the confidence to let his team do this and I doubt any other team will do it.
Likely sky train work.
First couple of km are tough but then it eases up. The key part will be between km 6 and km 10: if you wanna gain time you gotta attack there.

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re: 2015 tour d'france stage 10: Tarbes › La Pierre-Saint-Ma

Thinking about it Froome and one of his buddies will probably cross the line together holding hands

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Ah, the day of the first MTF, and after a rest day too.

One of the most intriguing questions today is, who will be the last Sky superdom standing when Froome detonates what's left of the peloton with his trademark attack?

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:

One of the most intriguing questions today is, who will be the last Sky superdom standing when Froome detonates what's left of the peloton with his trademark attack?

I'm guessing Thomas

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
This climb looks pretty nice, but it's wasted a bit because of the __________/ profile and because the next couple of days have mountain stages as well. Normally the fact that the difficult portion is in the middle should cause people to attack earlier, which is good. But because the rest of the stage is too easy and because people probably want to try and save some energy for the upcoming days, it will probably just be the Sky train up the climb and a sprint from a group with all the GC men. If the pace isn't too high there might be a chance from some of the GC riders from the second row to try and get away on the middle part. Maybe the last few KM attacks that have become so common nowadays will create some small gaps, but it's a waste of a good climb unfortunately.

SafeBet said:
Kwibus said:
The climb starts really steep so if there is a team that goes full genius at the bottom there will be big gaps.

I dont think Contador has the confidence to let his team do this and I doubt any other team will do it.
Likely sky train work.
First couple of km are tough but then it eases up. The key part will be between km 6 and km 10: if you wanna gain time you gotta attack there.
Dont trust the TdF 'official' profile. Once the road goes above 8% there is only one 'easy' km before they get to Col de Labays, and that 'easy' km is at 7.5%

Pricey_sky said:
movingtarget said:
Escarabajo said:
Everybody will mark Froome tomorrow. Either he wins and lay down the law or a group of 10 riders come together.

Maybe. Stage after a rest day is often unpredictable. If Froome can't go up the road then it might be Valverde or Rodriguez for the win as the best sprinters. But if the Sky train rides like in 2013 well I don't see those riders keeping up. Should be interesting. D Day for Nibali, more time lost on his rivals and it's over for him.

I agree, I don't think it will be over for Contador or Quintana tomorrow, but if Nibali loses more time its game over for him.

Its already game over for Nibali. You think he wudda lost 10 secs on the pack on mur de bretagne last year?! He's clearly not got it this year

willbick said:
Pricey_sky said:
movingtarget said:
Escarabajo said:
Everybody will mark Froome tomorrow. Either he wins and lay down the law or a group of 10 riders come together.

Maybe. Stage after a rest day is often unpredictable. If Froome can't go up the road then it might be Valverde or Rodriguez for the win as the best sprinters. But if the Sky train rides like in 2013 well I don't see those riders keeping up. Should be interesting. D Day for Nibali, more time lost on his rivals and it's over for him.

I agree, I don't think it will be over for Contador or Quintana tomorrow, but if Nibali loses more time its game over for him.

Its already game over for Nibali. You think he wudda lost 10 secs on the pack on mur de bretagne last year?! He's clearly not got it this year

He did crash the day before so I would not write him off just yet. I think he ail be able to match Contador today. Will be interesting to see how far that will take him.

The Hitch said:
DBotero said:
SeriousSam said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPTlU99IyI
Weird watching it without the heartrate in the corner.

So you were fast enough to catch the Ventoux one while it was available.

Jul 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi everybody,

New member, first post. Iv been a fan of cycling for years and finally found an active forum to post on. Been a lurker for a few weeks actually.

Question: any chance of watching tour de france today before broadcasters start at 14:00? id like to follow the start.

TRENDING THREADS