• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Tour dFrance Stage 12 Lannemazan - Plat de Beille 195km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Probably Froome ftw, but I think Quintana will be closer. Hopefully it will be a good fight between them ftw.

Hmm.... this climb has a pretty regular gradient which suits Gesink I think and furthermore Gesink takes the heat relatively well, so maybe he will be strong again.

With those long valleys, SKY will ride at a pace that keeps as many of their team in the peloton as possible and nothing more. It is up to the other teams to detonate the race before the final climb. But, I don't see any team likely to do that, so I would bet on the breakaway again and choose Hesjedal.

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Breakaway for the win.

GC: Froome will crush everyone again. Maybe Quintana will manage to get a bit closer than he did last time. Thomas or Porte will be third, depending on who works when and where. Then Gesink and Valverde. TJ will lose lots of time and might drop out of the top three. Contador will probably lose 4-5min.

Re:

Metabolol said:
Breakaway for the win.

GC: Froome will crush everyone again. Maybe Quintana will manage to get a bit closer than he did last time. Thomas or Porte will be third, depending on who works when and where. Then Gesink and Valverde. TJ will lose lots of time and might drop out of the top three. Contador will probably lose 4-5min.

This sums it up for me. Unfortunately.

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
No way a breakaway makes it all the way to the finish. Any escapees kept on a leash. Boring funeral procession. Sky train on PdB, riders shelled out the back. Froome with an attack in the last 5 km. Gains time over everyone but Quintana (who ends up taking the stage at the line).

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Son of Amsterhammer said:
Metabolol said:
Breakaway for the win.

This sums it up for me. Unfortunately.
+1

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Re:

djpbaltimore said:
With the weather and how hard the last two days have been ridden, I just don't see how there will be any real racing before the last climb. An early attack from a GC contender would be a suicide mission IMO.

Probably, but what do you call waiting for Sky and Froome to attack on the PdB? Maybe the heat is where one can EXPOSE a weakness.

I feel like I've already seen this stage. The interviews. The post race analysis...sigh.

I would call it being between a rock and a hard place. I guess if you put someone up the road, you can jump on the penultimate climb, break the SKY helpers and link up in the valley. Tough to pull off, but not impossible. I just don't personally expect it to happen, but I hope the stage exceeds my expectations.

TRENDING THREADS