• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 9: Torrevieja > Cumbre del Sol 168.3km

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
So at the moment, you have to say Dumoulin can win this Vuelta! WTF!!!

Froome now suddently big candidate too, with Quintana. Nairo looks really solid too.

Bala just not that good. I said it a couple of times already this Vuelta. He will not win this race. Podium will be difficult too.

I hope Purito can still win a stage. Legs are good, but today just two guys who where a bit better. Top-5 however will be difficult. Froome, Majka, Aru, Quintana and maybe Dumoulin will finish ahead of him.

Re:

Flamin said:
That was hands down the most awesome 4 km of the year.

Movistar came out firing with their 1-2's, but Tom again uses his strength to attack when the road "flattens" and then rides tempo. He must be massively strong. On Wednesday we'll see if can deal with multiple climbs. He's going into new territory.

Re:

Arredondo said:
So at the moment, you have to say Dumoulin can win this Vuelta! WTF!!!

Froome now suddently big candidate too, with Quintana. Nairo looks really solid too.

Bala just not that good. I said it a couple of times already this Vuelta. He will not win this race. Podium will be difficult too.

I hope Purito can still win a stage. Legs are good, but today just two guys who where a bit better. Top-5 however will be difficult. Froome, Majka, Aru, Quintana and maybe Dumoulin will finish ahead of him.

Purito was Ok, noyhing to day, he was better than Aru, Quintana, Valverde, Chaves, Pozzo, but Froome is Froome, is getting his best years and Purito is starting to lose his best years, and Domoulin is quite explosive, he was fresher than others and he is in the shape of his life.

He was 3th in Suisse, with a very hard climb suimilar to Mortirolo, he is a serious rider.

The problem for him will be Andorra and Alba.

Actually it was an intelligent ride from Froome, not going with the early attacks but conserving during the initial steep section, the most amazing and strongest ride was from Tom D because despite after lots of attacks and getting caught he found something at the end.

We wait for stage 11 to find who the real contenders will be though

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
This is shaping up to be a really great race. Honestly have no idea who's going to win the overall. I guess stage 11 will probably clear that up though.

TRENDING THREADS