• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 9: Torrevieja > Cumbre del Sol 168.3km

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

PROFILCOLSCOTES_1.png

Though this ^ doesn't really correspond with another profile I found:

cumbre-del-sol-puig-llorenca_vuelta-2015.png

(The first pass they only go to km 3.2 on the profile)

Long ride along the coast. North east - eastern wind, 4 bft, but it's still a long way to go when they leave the coast and go inland. Not a very hot day. Around 23°C.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Gigs_98 said:
Can anyone explain me why this climb is two categories higher than the mtf from stage 2?
I really have enough of short climbs at the end of a flat stage. Cant wait for the 2nd week.

Are you the one who said a couple of days ago you love those uphill sprints? ;)

WTF is with the profiles from Unipublic? Dan Martin was also complaining about that, saying that they were waiting for 14-15% ramps that ended up being 5% so everyone was holding back their attacks.

Chaves FTW again? Or is he a marked man because of his red jersey. Maybe Purito will finally shine.

Arredondo said:
Gigs_98 said:
Can anyone explain me why this climb is two categories higher than the mtf from stage 2?
I really have enough of short climbs at the end of a flat stage. Cant wait for the 2nd week.

Are you the one who said a couple of days ago you love those uphill sprints? ;)
I don't remember it but maybe. :D
However that was probably after the first or second one but this is the 5th short uphill finish in 8 days and that is simply too much, which is the reason why I am already sick of it

Re:

jsem94 said:
WTF is with the profiles from Unipublic? Dan Martin was also complaining about that, saying that they were waiting for 14-15% ramps that ended up being 5% so everyone was holding back their attacks.

Chaves FTW again? Or is he a marked man because of his red jersey. Maybe Purito will finally shine.

They are stupid if they just look at the profiles of la Vuelta, thay have time enough to study the profile of that climbs... I do that even in the winter, and they are getting money with cycling.

Today is very easy.