• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2015 Vuelta stage 9: Torrevieja > Cumbre del Sol 168.3km

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
sir fly said:
This was really entertaining.
Lets see how long will Tom hold on.
I'm sure he fancies his chances now with that time trial.
No he doesn't. Also the Andorra stage with 6 climbs is enough to drop him out of GC contention.

But what the heck. Does it matter? He just won an epic stage and has a few days leader jersey for sure now. It's epic. When is the last time a Dutch rider won a mountain finish in a GT, by being the absolute best (so not an escape like weening, lindeman or boogerd)?? It's crazy. And then from Dumoulin of all of the dutch riders. :eek:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that he can win against Froome, Rodriguez, Quintana, Aru, Majka etc on such a finish. There seems to be nothing he cannot do. Only long climbs maybe not.

His freshness must help him here against a lot of big guns that rode an GT allready with the exception of Pozzo.
Then again I just don't know what crazy stuff he would've done in the TdF once he grabbed that yellow on Huy. We will never know though. Now it's more or less a blessing he crashed out.
Andorra.... I can't imagine him staying with the big guys there. Multi mountain stages should crack him.

PremierAndrew said:
Põhja Konn said:
TMP402 said:
Wow people happy Froome lost after that perfomance.

Getting greedy, do we! :) Leaving everything else aside, the way he completely ignored the flow of the race early on the climb only to come back later and sprint past everybody on the steep ramps in the last km, is the textbook example of powermeter-based racing, which has even more haters here than Froome and Sky themselves.

Nothing can possibly have more haters than Froome and Sky on this forum :p

Objection. Levi Leipheimer.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Kwibus said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Flamin said:
That was hands down the most awesome 4 km of the year.

And some guys, inclusive me, turned in at the right time, 4 kms from the finish...
Condolences to those who suffered trou the rest of the stage. :D

Well this was the 3rd stage I missed of the Vuelta. The first I missed Dumoulin took red, the 2nd stage I missed Lindeman won and today... well f*ck me I guess.
The last 2 stages I would've been standing shouting at the tele with a heartbeat of 200 if I had seen it live. Now I knew the results before watching and I still got an raised heartbeat.
I'm so happy Dumoulin won this crazy 4km final which was just absurd so good. I'm so bummed that I didn't see it live though......

See you in the Dumoulin thread... Start to believe, finally.

sir fly said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
sir fly said:
No he doesn't. Also the Andorra stage with 6 climbs is enough to drop him out of GC contention.

But what the heck. Does it matter? He just won an epic stage and has a few days leader jersey for sure now. It's epic. When is the last time a Dutch rider won a mountain finish in a GT, by being the absolute best (so not an escape like weening, lindeman or boogerd)?? It's crazy. And then from Dumoulin of all of the dutch riders. :eek:

I'm absolutely flabbergasted that he can win against Froome, Rodriguez, Quintana, Aru, Majka etc on such a finish. There seems to be nothing he cannot do. Only long climbs maybe not.
Overall victory probably is a tall order, you're right, but he'll put minutes in climbers in the itt, so why not dream big?
I really can see him fighting for the top 10 from where he's now.

He doesn't care about riding a top 10. If it's a podium spot I'm sure he will care, but not for 7th. That's just something he can't care about.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Flamin said:

And some guys, inclusive me, turned in at the right time, 4 kms from the finish...

No sane person tunes in before the last 4 km in a stage like today's (unless you have it on in the background while doing something else) :p that's one of the good things about the Vuelta, especially because it's during summer: you waste no time hoping something happens because you know as a matter of fact nothing will.

Kwibus said:
sir fly said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
sir fly said:

Overall victory probably is a tall order, you're right, but he'll put minutes in climbers in the itt, so why not dream big?
I really can see him fighting for the top 10 from where he's now.

He doesn't care about riding a top 10. If it's a podium spot I'm sure he will care, but not for 7th. That's just something he can't care about.
Well then, I'm expecting an epic effort on the Wednesday. No matter what his goals are.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Flamin said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Flamin said:

No sane person tunes in before the last 4 km in a stage like today's (unless you have it on in the background while doing something else) :p that's one of the good things about the Vuelta, especially because it's during summer: you waste no time hoping something happens because you know as a matter of fact nothing will.

Some did today, like RedRick IIRC. :D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Re:

Kwibus said:
I really hope they correct those time gaps, else somebody should inform teams about the gaps to sign a protest. This is plain ridiculous and can't be allowed.

Is there nobody here with Twitter. Just some message to the teams, let it spread... and the spanish cheaters are uncovered. In the internet times, such blatant cheating must not go un-noticed.

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

yespatterns said:
classicomano said:
Valverde put in the same time as Quintana, HAHAHAH! Never a dull moment.

CNq-iVhXAAAGyR8.jpg

CNq-iVxWsAAFB5B.jpg

::facepalm::

Still not changed. Valverde was at 7 or 8 seconds behind Quintana.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Kwibus said:
I really hope they correct those time gaps, else somebody should inform teams about the gaps to sign a protest. This is plain ridiculous and can't be allowed.

Is there nobody here with Twitter. Just some message to the teams, let it spread... and the spanish cheaters are uncovered. In the internet times, such blatant cheating must not go un-noticed.
Easy mate, its been probably a mistake. Dont get the things out place. Do you think they are so dumb to do such a cheat?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site

Fernandez said:
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Kwibus said:

Easy mate, its been probably a mistake. Dont get the things out place. Do you think they are so dumb to do such a cheat?

Yop... remember the long jumper of Italy in 1987. They added him 30 cms in the WC final (in front of über-million viewers live)...
Or Valv in 2009. The moto in front basically gave him a wind shield in the ITT. All those little dirty cheatings happen all over the pro sports... some call it homefield advantage. ;)

Põhja Konn said:
TMP402 said:
Wow people happy Froome lost after that perfomance.

Getting greedy, do we! :) Leaving everything else aside, the way he completely ignored the flow of the race early on the climb only to come back later and sprint past everybody on the steep ramps in the last km, is the textbook example of powermeter-based racing, which has even more haters here than Froome and Sky themselves.

Nah what he should have done is follow every attack by any of the GC contenders and then attacked. That would have worked well :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS