• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Castelrotto – Alpe di Siusi 10.8 km MTT

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2016 Giro d'Italia - Castelrotto – Alpe di Siusi 10.8 km

PremierAndrew said:
KyoGrey said:
Gazprom should be expelled from Giro.

It was a bad idea to invite them from the start. The excluded italian team or Caja Rural would have been better.

Yep, all Russians are suspicious while all italians and spaniards are squeaky clean :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with nationalities. It has to do with a NOT NORMAL performace at all levels.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

IndianCyclist said:
Miburo said:
This is hilarious. Nibali what the **** were you doing?

He still has a chance to win it, let's just hope the cycling gods won't give him another break with a kruiswijk crash but i've a feeling something bad is gonna happen to kruiswijk. Hope i'm wrong
Nibali preparation was underdone according to Slongo probably to try for Giro-Tour double. Really stupid of Astana o underestimate their rivals. Vino had already stated that Nibali would win.

I don't believe that. Nibali is a smart guy, he know that it's impossible to do the double.

He would face a 100% froome, contador and quintana. Well at least one of them will be 100%, he has no shot.

Re:

Jelantik said:
wooow... what a stage again!!! Kruiswijk... oh my... 1/100 of a second????? Another collapse of a big fav. this time the shark. Now Kruiswijk can just follow wheel and let everyone attacking each other. Disappointed w/ Majka. He turns into mediocre if he is a leader on the team. The guy can't handle the pressure. Congrats Kruiswijk! I hope he win it all the way. It's good to see that he crashes on the Nibali vs Valverde party.
Maybe your expectations for Majka were greater than what he can give. I was not expecting more to be honest. He did OK.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Miburo said:

He still has a chance to win it, let's just hope the cycling gods won't give him another break with a kruiswijk crash but i've a feeling something bad is gonna happen to kruiswijk. Hope i'm wrong
Right now he either has to get a Basso-illness or an aseroid hits the earth if they want to beat him. He's just so much better than the rest right now?

Well, he doesn't have the best team as Roglic is crashing every other day and the other climber in the team is Battaglin...

SeriousSam said:
Hugo Koblet said:
saganftw said:
dumoulin same time as roglic in prologue,now kruiswijk...lotto jumbo have no luck at all
What do you mean by luck? This has nothing to do with luck. Besides they are winning the Giro.

What? Losing a time trial by fractions of a second has nothing to do with bad luck?
Where does the luck part come in? Foliforov was faster, end of story. It has nothing to do with luck.

Gigs_98 said:
saganftw said:
dumoulin same time as roglic in prologue,now kruiswijk...lotto jumbo have no luck at all
On another note, if they would have luck they could have won all three ITT's. I guess nobody would have guessed that as well :D
Naah. It's got nothing to with luck. It is just how it is: Kruijswijk marginally slower than Foliforov and Roglic marginally slower than Dumoulin, luck or not.

Not really clear, because the timecheck wasn't placed in a very helpful place on this TT. They must have reconned this climb over and over after Trentino cos they haven't done that many races with WT invites.

Anyway, check out this MTT from Valle d'Aosta 2012 where Foliforov was 4" slower than Fabio Aru, who's 2 years older than him, and faster than Berhane, Lutsenko and Formolo. And this top 5 in a hilly Coppi e Bartali TT in 2014. He has some top results in .2 and U23 climbing races like the Ronde de l'Isard, Valle d'Aosta and the Tour de l'Avenir.

Yes, I'm shocked at his win. But the guy is clearly a good climber, all of his junior and U23 results point to climbing ability, and he didn't work hard yesterday so clearly earmarked this as a stage to get noticed in. Even he probably didn't expect to win, but if he could get up in the top 5, top 10, it'd be a good showing. Yesterday's stage being raced harder than many expected for the top contenders (myself included) helped him. Foliforov is a shock winner, but the fact that he's still relatively young and Gazprom don't get that many invites means people are reacting more viscerally than perhaps they should.

KyoGrey said:
PremierAndrew said:
KyoGrey said:

It was a bad idea to invite them from the start. The excluded italian team or Caja Rural would have been better.

Yep, all Russians are suspicious while all italians and spaniards are squeaky clean :rolleyes:

Has nothing to do with nationalities. It has to do with a NOT NORMAL performace at all levels.
Take your double standards to the clinic.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
THere is no freaking way the top riders can do better intermediates than a pro conti climber and end up late than him.

I think we had a case of rowdy fans blocking top riders.....

WTF is Italian police doing!

burning said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Miburo said:

Right now he either has to get a Basso-illness or an aseroid hits the earth if they want to beat him. He's just so much better than the rest right now?

Well, he doesn't have the best team as Roglic is crashing every other day and the other climber in the team is Battaglin...
Team won't win the race instead of its leader. Call me a rider who could distance Kruijswijk in the mountains...

KyoGrey said:
PremierAndrew said:
KyoGrey said:

Sure, countries with regime like the one in Russia, Kazachstan etc. shouldn't be allowed to compete in soprt at all.
But what can we do. We get stages like today. It's sad.

DFA123 said:
KyoGrey said:
PremierAndrew said:
KyoGrey said:

Take your double standards to the clinic.

I'm sorry. Congratulations to Kruijswijk by the way.

Libertine Seguros said:
Kokoso said:
Andro said:
It's amazing how salty people get whenever a Russian rider wins something. Dry your eyes, please.
Please don't begin with nationalism/patriotism.
You are the absolute LAST person on this forum (now that Auscyclefan94 doesn't frequent it anymore) that should be saying that.

I don't think so, so far I haven't recognized which country is Kokoso from!

Quite frankly -Kruijswijk has just enough buffer to carry the maglia rosa all the way to Turin-barring of course either a bad day or an accident. He's climbing superbly matching Chaves & much better than Nibs....... We'll see how he behaves in the last wee- which looks exciting !!

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Hugo Koblet said:
SeriousSam said:
Hugo Koblet said:
saganftw said:
What do you mean by luck? This has nothing to do with luck. Besides they are winning the Giro.

What? Losing a time trial by fractions of a second has nothing to do with bad luck?
Where does the luck part come in? Foliforov was faster, end of story. It has nothing to do with luck.

The time it takes to complete a time trial is affected by environmental variables like wind, temperature, fan behaviour and so on. The effect of those variables can easily amount to a second, thus one and the same rider performance can lead to losing a close time trial or winning it, with the environmental variables making the difference.

We call it bad luck when you're hit by lightning because it's an environmental variable you cannot control.

Jakub said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Kokoso said:
Andro said:
It's amazing how salty people get whenever a Russian rider wins something. Dry your eyes, please.
Please don't begin with nationalism/patriotism.
You are the absolute LAST person on this forum (now that Auscyclefan94 doesn't frequent it anymore) that should be saying that.

I don't think so, so far I haven't recognized which country is Kokoso from!
You never visited the Köning and Kreuziger threads haven't you :)

TRENDING THREADS