• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia - Stage 10 Campi Bisenzio - Sestola 219km

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
DFA123 said:
Mr.White said:
Arredondo said:
Both big teams are messing this Giro up.

Astana are riding on the front for a team leader who isn't good enough atm to attack.

Movistar are **** up 3 possible stage wins + boni's for Valverde by not chasing the break.

You're talking as if it is a done deal, winning a stage just like that. Valverde would need to bury his team, every one of them, and even than it's a huge question if he would be in position to challenge the stage. He would need to sacrifice Amador for instance, who is very valuable for him standing high in the GC. And even then, it would be very hard to control the late attacks from the favorites, I doubt Amador can do that.
I think he's feeling great, and just saving his team for the deciding stages.
Exactly this. Also I don't think Valverde is that interested in GT stages any more - even for the handful of seconds that a win would give him.

He's copying his tactics from the Tour de France last year when he didn't go really deep in the first week on stages like Mur de Bretagne or Mur de Huy - which he probably could have won - and, as a result, he was still going really strong in the high mountains in the final week.
I think he would definitely like to win a giro stage since he has never done that.

Well he's clearly much more interested in going all out for the GC. Otherwise he would have used his team in a very different way on several stages so far which really suited him.

Winning a couple of Giro stages doesn't add a lot to his palmares. Winning the overall GC would arguably be his biggest ever achievement.

Re:

CraZyCaLL said:
I think Ciccone is а youngest stage winner in GTs at least in last 20 years

EWAN-Caleb048pp-630x420.jpg

TMP402 said:
Arredondo said:
Both big teams are messing this Giro up.

Astana are riding on the front for a team leader who isn't good enough atm to attack.

Movistar are **** up 3 possible stage wins + boni's for Valverde by not chasing the break.

You must have it all wrong, Rob Hatch said it was a masterpiece of tactical riding for Amador to gain all those seconds. Oh wait.

It would've been a great move if Amador had the legs to actually stay away.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site

del1962 said:
Jakub said:
any news about Pirazzi? I hope he'll be DSQ'd - at least.

I don't think it was deliberate, just poor descending, bit like Barguil in the tour
Barguil got hit by TJVG, so it wasn't totally his fault.
Pirazzi just had a hard time on the descent, he crashed afterwards and if you rewatch the incident with Cunego you can see how his rear wheel skid moments before.
Kruiswijk almost did the same to Majka.

Nieve to win the stage to Gard....Corvara after attacking with Garz....Cunego 200km from the line with Conta...Valverde chasing him down until the end after going on Passo Giau. Nibali to fight back on the downhills only to get dropped like a brick in the final climb.

Mayomaniac said:
del1962 said:
Jakub said:

I don't think it was deliberate, just poor descending, bit like Barguil in the tour
Pirazzi just had a hard time on the descent, he crashed afterwards and if you rewatch the incident with Cunego you can see how his rear wheel skid moments before.

He pushed him far more than necessary, Imho, but anyway for such desceding, when you put another rider in danger because of your risking and it is so obvious, you should be sanctioned. Or not?

Jakub said:
Mayomaniac said:
del1962 said:
Jakub said:

He pushed him far more than necessary, Imho, but anyway for such desceding, when you put another rider in danger because of your risking and it is so obvious, you should be sanctioned. Or not?

It was an accident plain and simple, he almost lost it and was just trying to stay upright, it didn't look great but things in slow motion often don't. If Pirazzi should be sanctioned for that then I assume you think Kruijswijk should be sanctioned for bumping into and almost taking out Majka?

Re:

trevim said:
Nieve to win the stage to Gard....Corvara after attacking with Garz....Cunego 200km from the line with Conta...Valverde chasing him down until the end after going on Passo Giau. Nibali to fight back on the downhills only to get dropped like a brick in the final climb.
It will be one of the finest rides of Valv if he does that,maybe even his finest.
But there is a descent after the final climb in stage 14 ;)

Re:

trevim said:
Valverde will follow wheels as long as he can until the Muro del Gatto in Corvara to win 5 seconds on whoever of the GC contenders is with him. Oh wait... that's still 5kms from the finish. I'll try again...He will attack in the fences in the other two short climbs in Andalo and Sant'Anna di Vinadio to get his second Vuelta win :D

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Bushman said:
It was definitely unlucky that svineog was hit by Pirazzi but if he had had the legs to win the stage he could have recovered from the incident, especially since he is quite a good descender
He admitted that he didn't have the legs.

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Re:

elfed68 said:
Can anyone explain why Visconti was pulling for Amador and not Valverde at the end of the stage?

:confused: ??? Amador was up front, trying to reach Maglia Rosa. Valverde was in the group, marking attacks. Did you even watched?!

Mr.White said:
elfed68 said:
Can anyone explain why Visconti was pulling for Amador and not Valverde at the end of the stage?

:confused: ??? Amador was up front, trying to reach Maglia Rosa. Valverde was in the group, marking attacks. Did you even watched?!

Yes, I did 'watched' that's why I was asking, as not everyone on this forum is as knowledge as yourself.

Valverde is team leader, why use Visconti on Amador when he could have paced Valverde to the finish line and gain seconds.

TRENDING THREADS