• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Giro d'Italia, Stage 18: Muggiò - Pinerolo (240 km)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
Cance > TheRest said:
For goodness sake. What an anticlimax...

I kind of feel the same, but that's most likely because I don't have much love for the Etixx boys.

Sure great riders, but I just don't feel much for Etixx.

In reality it was ofcourse a great climax.
In the sense, that it was unexpected yes. But in the sense that the two main characters of the breakaway didn't fight it out head to head, it was a big anti-climax to have Trentin sneaking up from behind and steal the win.

Wow I need to watch this stage! Trentin is a brilliant, classy rider with so much talent. I hope he gets his monument sooner rather than later. Besides he's a complete team player who has done huge amounts of work for Jungels, Kittel and Brambilla. Really well deserved and always nice to see a "sprinter" winning a "mountain stage" :)

Re:

Volderke said:
epic fail from Moser. Not even in the now that Trentin was coming...?

Easy to say typing on a forum. What could he do? Had he ridden harder on the final k he'd have been out sprinted by Brambilla. He gave it dig on the cobbled wall but couldn't drop Brambilla either. It was a great final, It was just unfortunate for him that it all aligned perfectly for Etixx.

Cance > TheRest said:
Kwibus said:
Cance > TheRest said:

I kind of feel the same, but that's most likely because I don't have much love for the Etixx boys.

In the sense, that it was unexpected yes. But in the sense that the two main characters of the breakaway didn't fight it out head to head, it was a big anti-climax to have Trentin sneaking up from behind and steal the win.

I don't know. Didn't him sneaking up from behind and surprising the otherwise likely winner make it a great finish? It kind of does ofcourse, allthough for me it was an anticlimax as well as I was hoping for Moser.

Without favouring riders it was a great climax imo.

Kwibus said:
Cance > TheRest said:

Yeah, I feel like Trentin always wins in some lucky way, like Van Avermaets puncture in Paris-Tours last year and such... He is a smart rider nonetheless.

Great ride by Modolo and Arndt by the way! Modolo wasn't lying when he said he was climbing quite well!