• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 La Flèche Wallonne - April 20th - 196k

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will conquer the Mur?

• Joaquim Rodriguez

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Dan Martin

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 45 46.4%
  • Daniel Moreno

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philippe Gilbert

• Sergio Henao

Votes: 20 20.6%
  • Michael Albasini

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Julian Alaphilippe

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Enrico Gasparotto

• Other (say below)

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I quite like Flèche in a way despite the fact that all the action is in the final 2 km - just a brutal uphill sprint. Hard to see past Bala for this one unless Wellens manages to make one of his attacks stick - I know he did in the Eneco tour and Paris-Nice, and his attack at AGR was about the only good thing about that race

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Brullnux said:
Should be fun with Bala, Purito, Henao all going for it with Martin, Alaphilippe, Wellens and Albasini trying to get in amongst the best and a few others also, like Ulissi who recently said he has a great chance of winning (I'm doubtful but we'll see). Can't watch it live do I look forward to the highlights.
I'm looking forward to Kelderman sticking with the group and then sprinting for a nice place.

KyoGrey said:
Samamba said:
KyoGrey said:
I just hope that Kwiatkowski realises its suicide going to the Mur de Huy against surreal triple-effort sprinter Valverde and his old pal Purito who is right behind with the bag in case Alejandro explodes.

Kwiatkowski isn't even riding.

:eek: My Lord, how is that posible?

I'm not surprised...leave this race to Henao. He can try in LBL.

KyoGrey said:
Samamba said:
KyoGrey said:
I just hope that Kwiatkowski realises its suicide going to the Mur de Huy against surreal triple-effort sprinter Valverde and his old pal Purito who is right behind with the bag in case Alejandro explodes.

Kwiatkowski isn't even riding.

:eek: My Lord, how is that posible?

Henao a much better bet for this race and comes into this in form.

EDIT: Henao out so maybe not a good bet :D

Picks of L'Equipe
CgdpXDRWIAAbBsa.jpg

Gilbert 3 stars :eek:
Betancur and Rebellin 1 star :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
If Purito is good, he will attack at 400 meters to go. Just like he did in 2012 and 2015 (Tour).

If he's not in shape, Bala will get the chance to control things untill 150 meters to go, to start his sprint on the flatter section.

I really hope Purito can show he can still own this ***. He still can do it. I know it! :)

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Arredondo said:
If Purito is good, he will attack at 400 meters to go. Just like he did in 2012 and 2015 (Tour).

If he's not in shape, Bala will get the chance to control things untill 150 meters to go, to start his sprint on the flatter section.

I really hope Purito can show he can still own this ****. He still can do it. I know it! :)

Purito is too good to only win this race once. He'll prove he's still got it today.