• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, August 1 to 7

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

jmdirt said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Kinda sad forr this race that my stagefavorite was Kiel reijnen
I didn't see what happened, but in the story, Kiel said that he broke a few spokes and had to walk to the finish with his bike in one hand and his wheel in the other. I've broken a few spokes before and just opened my brakes and finish the ride/race. Was it worse that the written description? Is Kiel being a drama prince? Was he trying to make a statement?

Spoke count makes a difference, broken spokes on a high spoke count wheel and been able to make it home but on a low spoke count wheel it was a different story and I had to walk home

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Anderis said:
Nathan Brown was on provisional startlist for this race but was replaced by Howes last minute. He didn't race since the Giro. Does anyone know what's with him?

He shared a photo on iG in support of his gf who just had surgery so it looks like he was unable to make it.

Re: Re:

Anderis said:
shalgo said:
If the time gap is right, they are just letting the break win this.
Yeah, dumb racing by any team that had a rider with reasonable chanse of winning bunch sprint.

I tuned in not long ago, have Companioni and Carpenter been away since Boulder Mt.?

I've seen Cannondale and Silber pull and they simply cannot bring that gap down. Those two up front just seem too strong.

Carpenter is a decent rouleur, I don't know about Companioni .

8jKM3zr.png