• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Larry H. Miller Tour of Utah, August 1 to 7

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Put it in between
, no spaces.

Morton knew the finished and attacked at the perfect time. Costa has a future. Cannondale has just had a miserable year. There's got to be something going on internally. They are just so discombobulated. The are a "World Tour Team" in name alone.

Re: Re:

trevim said:
liamito said:
poor tactics by talansky
To me it looked a lot like lack of legs but I only watched the final km's.

Anyway, I thought Costa was more of a time-trialist. Obviously climbing well in Utah just means he climbs well in Utah but it's highly impressive for such a young kid.

Costa can do everything. Climbing, TT, hills, cobbles... He's incredible.

His performance tells something about the level of u23 racing these days btw. It's not like he's winning everything there.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Stage 4 and 5 looks very hilly. Are they as hard in reality as on paper?! Then we will be in for an amazing race here in Utah.

Very deserved victory, he was the strongest today.

Stage 4 is flat, that profile is not very good. Stage 5 is last year's stage to Bountiful redoux, with a more meaningful finale which should let attacks stick unlike last time.

Re: Re:

Samamba said:
trevim said:
liamito said:
poor tactics by talansky
To me it looked a lot like lack of legs but I only watched the final km's.

Anyway, I thought Costa was more of a time-trialist. Obviously climbing well in Utah just means he climbs well in Utah but it's highly impressive for such a young kid.

Costa can do everything. Climbing, TT, hills, cobbles... He's incredible.

His performance tells something about the level of u23 racing these days btw. It's not like he's winning everything there.
The thing with the U23 level is that sometimes it's very close to the top level those riders will ever achieve. Not saying Costa will be like that but some dutch or danish riders had a great hype only to fail in meeting the expectations in the pro peloton.