• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Omloop het Nieuwsblad, Feb 27th, 200.8km, 1.HC

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet, you were saying mate? ;)
I don't really think this proves your point. Clearly Sagan wasn't a favorite to win vs the others combined.

The others combined? :confused: what are you talking about? Nobody even attacked, it was a fair and honest sprint mano a mano.
Yes, fair and square. Sagan saw GVA stand on the pedals, pass him, he just couldn't respond to the acceleration. It's a as fair and square as it can be. A superb win.

If only Boasson Hagen had raced like a man the World Championship. I hope he was paid big time by Sagan ...
What a relief this was though. And the Slovakian guy was not even close in the sprint. Well I just switched off my telly when Greg was interviewed in English, though. F*ck Sporza and their xenophilia.

Nice race by lil' Jasper Stuyven. He's arrived.

What the f*ck was Vanmarcke doing behind his telly. I'm still a fan but he's disappointing me every year with his shortened agendas. :mad:

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Sagan waiting way too long, even Tiesj reacted better... and probably did not have that much in the tank to waste energy on the cobbles (just to kill 2 half-dead guys)

Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:
I don't really think this proves your point. Clearly Sagan wasn't a favorite to win vs the others combined.

The others combined? :confused: what are you talking about? Nobody even attacked, it was a fair and honest sprint mano a mano.
Yes it was a fair sprint and Greg was the strongest no question about that. But what I mean is that if Benoot had won, you would also have said "Hugo Koblet, you were saying mate? ;)", right? Combined Benoot and Van Avermaet obviously are a bigger favorite to win than Sagan, but that doesn't mean that Sagan wasn't the favorite to win.

Echoes said:
If only Boasson Hagen had raced like a man the World Championship. I hope he was paid big time by Sagan ...
What a relief this was though. And the Slovakian guy was not even close in the sprint. Well I just switched off my telly when Greg was interviewed in English, though. F*ck Sporza and their xenophilia.

What the f*ck was Vanmarcke doing behind his telly. I'm still a fan but he's disappointing me every year with his shortened agendas. :mad:
So you prefer they interview in a language some people can understand then one a majority have a minor grasp of or did I get this wrong

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm really disappointed by Pippo, again. I really thought his return to Southeast would do him great favour.

But once again he's at the wrong place when things starting to happen. Well, i guess he's just not the same Pippo anymore :(

Scarponi said:
Echoes said:

So you prefer they interview in a language some people can understand then one a majority have a minor grasp of or did I get this wrong

He's a lunatic, don't bother responding to him.

Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:

Yes it was a fair sprint and Greg was the strongest no question about that. But what I mean is that if Benoot had won, you would also have said "Hugo Koblet, you were saying mate? ;)", right? Combined Benoot and Van Avermaet obviously are a bigger favorite to win than Sagan, but that doesn't mean that Sagan wasn't the favorite to win.
What do you mean by 'combined'? If it had been a Sagan-GVA duo, the result wouldn't have been different. Sagan did better than I expected today, but he lacks the race rythm that GVA has at the moment

Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:

That is some seriously weird logic..

Cance > TheRest said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:

What do you mean by 'combined'? If it had been a Sagan-GVA duo, the result wouldn't have been different. Sagan did better than I expected today, but he lacks the race rythm that GVA has at the moment
Let's say that Sagan was a 30% favorite to win, GVA 25% and Benoot 20%. Sagan is then the favorite, but combined do Benoot and GVA have a higher chance of winning.

Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Flamin said:

That is some seriously weird logic..
No it's not :)

Look, you had two horses vs mine one. Obviously you will win our "battle" more often than I would.

Cance > TheRest said:

He means Sagan would've had the shortest odds of the 5, but not been odds on. He's right.

alspacka said:
Cance > TheRest said:

He means Sagan would've had the shortest odds of the 5, but not been odds on. He's right.
I know what he means, thank you. But the probability of a Sagan-win wouldn't change much if there were one guy less in the group and they all came to the finish. Guys like Gourgeard was so spent that the probability of him winning must have been very close to 0% .