• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 12: Montpellier → Mont Ventoux (178km)

Page 46 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

KGB

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I am sorry for Froome but was just so funny see him to run without bike and then gave him some not in use bike but at least frame was in yellow.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

DirtyWorks said:
woodburn said:
patrick767 said:
Are you freaking kidding me? A moto takes out the on the attack yellow jersey on a critical summit finish? Get the damn motos off the roads! Enough of this crap. What a farce!

So no video from the road?

And what's the moto supposed to do, run spectators over? This isn't the first time spectators have influenced the outcome of the TdF. Relax. Froome has this. He rode everyone but Porte off his wheel.

Hopefully Porte is not affected too much by running into the moto.
You can't unpunch Merckx's liver, but you can give Froome and LRP their time back.

Re:

rune1107 said:
Bjarne Riis saying in Danish broadcast, that this is the funniest he has ever seen. God he must hate Froome!

I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic, but it's true. It was definitely the funniest thing I've seen in a very long time and it doesn't have to do with my feelings on Froome.

I'm in tears of laughter

f8a318384bdd8c9c7f2516e937a46668.gif

Seems Mollema lost time too. He just got lucky enough to not lose to much. Based on that (that Mollema probably lost at least 10 seconds because of the crash as well) I feel s.t. as Mollema is the only fair solution.

If not I don't think Sky will pull out, though I don't believe they'll ride into Paris if Froome doesn't wear the yellow by then.

Basically I think the only reason they'll stay in is because they'll believe Froome can still win this.

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site

BigMac said:
rune1107 said:
Bjarne Riis saying in Danish broadcast, that this is the funniest he has ever seen. God he must hate Froome!

What an utter douchecanoe!

I'm so mad!

In the defence of Riis and for the sake of full disclosure:

Riis started out by saying it was completely unacceptable, a disgrace and something needed to be done. He then proceeded to say that Froome running looked funny.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site

doperhopper said:
jaylew said:
Wtf happened??? I'm at a work conference and I switched to my live feed tab and saw Froome running up the mountain?

you know, it's triathlon now, tomorrow they swim 37 km TT in ardeche river

37km SWIM tomorrow...OMG...TOO FUNNY...

Next...The moto crash...RIDICULOUS. Period.

This fan interference has become more and more frequent. Put the freakin' barriers up already.

Spend the time and money. This isn't some backyard alleycat race.

Embarrassing, emphasis on a$$...

Froome should make up the time later with his Lance Froome Wheaties super breakfasts, but this is unacceptable.

TRENDING THREADS