• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 TdF, Stage 13: Bg-St-Andéol → Caverne Pont-d'Arc (38km)

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:
MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:
[quote="
not bitter at all, just quoting the rules. i don't want him to get DQ (for the show's sake) but UCI have only 2 options imho: let it slide or dq+fine.

Didnt Carol quote a rule which would make the Dawg DQ for thinking he was Forest Gump?
possibly. what has that to do with Nairo?

If you are so adament on the UCI adhering to the rules (which is the UCI we are talking about) then if Nairo goes, the Dawg should go. This is what a 10s video FFS, it tells you very little.

This is the problem the tour has caused for themself this tour, if your not gonne apply the rules in some department it will all be totall mess and this is what this Tour has become a totally farse which will be remembered for that sadly. Im a neutral fan heck even Ive lost the motivation to follow this years tour beacuse of all the disgraceful things that have happened.

MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:
MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:
[quote="
not bitter at all, just quoting the rules. i don't want him to get DQ (for the show's sake) but UCI have only 2 options imho: let it slide or dq+fine.

Didnt Carol quote a rule which would make the Dawg DQ for thinking he was Forest Gump?

If you are so adament on the UCI adhering to the rules (which is the UCI we are talking about) then if Nairo goes, the Dawg should go. This is what a 10s video FFS, it tells you very little.
that's why i stated 2 options. one of them being, they let it slide ;)

Apologies for the size, not sure how to shrink them. Can see some smaller riders having trouble staying on their bikes.

27EB75AB515744F3A41B7815DDC533AA.png

B2C7EB2494304856BA0DC6966121BE43.png

701765935CD64F739266F59DFBA11053.png

9553CD1C5D304DD2BDA82DC884BD4FAE.png

A small digression...
ES is insisting on dramatic and epic character of yesterday's madness.
Wonder when the events will start getting their circus aspect in main stream media.
It's just a matter of meaning observer addresses to occurrence... Just like there are two kind of clowns, two masks in Greek drama, etc....
Hopefully, it won't get grotesque.

geargbest said:
MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:
MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:
[quote="

This is the problem the tour has caused for themself this tour, if your not gonne apply the rules in some department it will all be totall mess and this is what this Tour has become a totally farse which will be remembered for that sadly. Im a neutral fan heck even Ive lost the motivation to follow this years tour beacuse of all the disgraceful things that have happened.

Aye, but seems like certain riders (I'm not just talking Dawg here) have less leniency towards them by the governing body. Over to you Cookson.......We have had too many moto incidents this season and its been threating for a while. I know this was more spectator (I dont use fan) issue but too many moto's around.

Anyway's this isnt for this thread IMO.

Re:

ppanther92 said:
Looked again and again at the video and no doubt, Quintana has to be dq'ed. Thats blatant cheating and those who are saying he holds onto the moto to stay in balance - it doesn't look like that at all, not even the slightest.
Don't you think he would have been riding faster than the moto, if there was no jam?

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site

Taxus4a said:
The Hitch said:
Walkman said:
MartinGT said:
Fight.The.Power said:
Surely Quintana is gonna get DQ'd ??

Why?

Get in the game! ;)

https://twitter.com/cyclinghubtv/status/753876376655171584

He has to be thrown out imo.

It was a moment just for security, no more...

From the footage we have, Nairo towed himself up after the crash zone.
And all the riders' gaps after the crash zone were discarded.
So Nairo officially didn't gain any time whatsoever by that move.
As a moral action though, it is very sneaky and low.