• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Info & Discussion

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

Ryo Hazuki said:
CheckMyPecs said:
ASO is shying away from long ITTs to make Froome less dominant.
yes his long itt's have been amazing last few years....

Since his climbing ability is as good as it was in 2011 (Vuelta onwards, obviously!), 2012 and 2013, it stands to reason that his time trialling would be as well, should that be crucial to his objectives.

In 2015, time trialing was unimportant.

Re:

Breh said:
Montagne de Lure. climb Ventoux twice. Start from Sault, descent to Bedoin from Chalet Reynard and then climb it from Malaucène again.

These three options have been put forward in another thread.
I really want to see Ventoux as a pass before Montagne de Lure. Think it could be a great combination.

Alexandre B. said:
sir fly said:
Brutally demanding after the second rest day.
But the uphill time trial should be the third rest day for many riders.
Would love to watch all stages in entirety, but I guess it's too early for that kind of tv production.
It will be the case in 2017.
Full broadcast?
Looking forward to!
Can you tell us more about it? I suppose France Télévisions is going to provide full coverage, but have they reached agreement with some other broadcasters? The pleasure might not be available outside of France. Not even through dodgy streams.
And it would be interesting to learn about technical aspects. Is it going to be with same logistics like so far, or are they going to strengthen the capacities? Do they plan to expand the production over broader spectrum of interactive contents and so on...

sir fly said:
Alexandre B. said:
sir fly said:
Would love to watch all stages in entirety, but I guess it's too early for that kind of tv production.
Full broadcast?
Looking forward to!
Can you tell us more about it? I suppose France Télévisions is going to provide full coverage, but have they reached agreement with some other broadcasters? The pleasure might not be available outside of France. Not even through dodgy streams.
And it would be interesting to learn about technical aspects. Is it going to be with same logistics like so far, or are they going to strengthen the capacities? Do they plan to expand the production over broader spectrum of interactive contents and so on...

They already broadcast around 8-10 stages per year from start to finish (which are shown on Eurosport too) so just doing that for all 21 days shouldn't be too much of a problem. It will be hell for commentators though... Imagine having to talk for 6 hours during an uneventful 230km flat stage...

bajbar said:
sir fly said:
Alexandre B. said:
sir fly said:
Full broadcast?
Looking forward to!

They already broadcast around 8-10 stages per year from start to finish (which are shown on Eurosport too) so just doing that for all 21 days shouldn't be too much of a problem. It will be hell for commentators though... Imagine having to talk for 6 hours during an uneventful 230km flat stage...
8-10?! More like 4-5 (on ES, at least)... Including Champs-Élysées.
And although it's mostly about broadcasters' choice at what time they'll take over live images, i also believe that production doesn't offer every stage in entirety due to technical reasons. So, 2017 will be novelty.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
Ryo Hazuki said:
CheckMyPecs said:
ASO is shying away from long ITTs to make Froome less dominant.
yes his long itt's have been amazing last few years....

Since his climbing ability is as good as it was in 2011 (Vuelta onwards, obviously!), 2012 and 2013, it stands to reason that his time trialling would be as well, should that be crucial to his objectives.

in 2014 his flat timetrialing was also bad. last good itt was 2013 tour

CDA

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello guys,
I'm sorry for my english but I'm french and in our country we didn't have good teacher.

So, to answer your question about the TV coverage of the TDF 2017 the director of sports of France Télévisions said two month ago that France TV will broadcast in interity all the stages. I remember that Christian Prudhomme wasn't agree with this proposition in 2011 ; he thought that 7 or 8 stages in interity was enough.

I don't know if you'll have this chance but in France it's official.

Re:

CDA said:
Hello guys,
I'm sorry for my english but I'm french and in our country we didn't have good teacher.

So, to answer your question about the TV coverage of the TDF 2017 the director of sports of France Télévisions said two month ago that France TV will broadcast in interity all the stages. I remember that Christian Prudhomme wasn't agree with this proposition in 2011 ; he thought that 7 or 8 stages in interity was enough.

Thank you very much.
I doubt anybody else will broadcast the race from start to finish. It doesn't have such significance and marketability like in France.
Hopefully, there will be some available streams.

CDA said:
Hello guys,

Tu parles l'anglais très bien :)

Ryo Hazuki said:
SeriousSam said:

PROFIL.png

cfaf00504c8e4a883f586e15ab88e722.png

PremierAndrew said:
CDA said:
Hello guys,

Tu parles l'anglais très bien :)

Ryo Hazuki said:
SeriousSam said:

PROFIL.png

cfaf00504c8e4a883f586e15ab88e722.png

IIRC, that wasn't really as flat as the profile suggests, though :)

No, it wasn't completely flat, but time trials rarely are that and Froome obliterated the field in that particular ITT. So the statement that Froome hasn't ridden good time trials since 2013 doesn't hold true.

2015 was a weird year. Ain't nobody prepared for that 14 km ITT. This year will be different and we will be able to assess his somewhat diminished (compared to '12 and 13') ITT-ability properly

Re:

CDA said:
Hello guys,

Bienvenue sur le forum CDA. Ton Anglais n'est pas mal du tout ;) . Now whole stages with Thierry Adam as an announcer, I would commit suicide before the first rest day :D . If you think that Kirby is bad, wait until you hear that guy blow every call. He's something else...

Damn, many French joining the forum lately. No doubt that will make Tonton happy!

Very good news about the 2017 Tour, but as somebody mentioned, I could imagine a few of those early stages from this year's Tour in a 0-230 km live broadcast format. That would probably be brutal at times, but Im the last one to complain - that probably just mean that I'll have to hop on my bike a few hours earlier in some instances. Pick and choose.

Does anybody know which stages will be broadcasted in their entirety? I could imagine stages 1,2 and 3 as usual, 9, hopefully 15, and then 19, 20 and 21.

Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion

I like the loop and double Grand Colombier, but I would have loved Artemarre/Virieu twice :eek:, or at least once. Culoz suits Pinot, whose first pro accomplishment was to make it first to the top at the '10 TdL'Ain, before winning when it became a MTF in '11. The Artemarre/Virieu was used once at a Tourde L'Avenir Iirc, and half of the peloton dismounted. ASO probably wants to avoid the embarrassment for some riders.

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm the only one that think this rohte is horrible? We will have 8 sprint's stages!!!! And 2 or 3 medium/mountain stages will be a complete disaster.

Re: 2016 Tour de France Discussion

Ban was issued. Obviously the problem in France is not Police, but a bunch of cowards who use free speech as a way to deny it for those who disagree with their *** views. Vive La France!

This is a cycling thread. There's a place to discuss politics, US and international. Thank you.

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Re:

portugal11 said:
I'm the only one that think this rohte is horrible? We will have 8 sprint's stages!!!! And 2 or 3 medium/mountain stages will be a complete disaster.

No, I'm not sure why it has so much hype here. I'm very disappointed.

TRENDING THREADS