• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 18: Sallanches → Megève (17km)

Page 17 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

Ruby United said:
Can people stop comparing Armstrong to Froome! Can Mods stop these references please.
Whether you like SKY or not how can one not appreciate Froome's strength and all round incredible ability

Froome's domination hasn't been seen since Armstrong, comparison is completely valid. They both turned into GT riders relatively late as well. They both use their illness as the main reason for their transformation. They're both hated by the majority of fans. They both have ridiculously strong teams. They're both Anglophones.

Re: Re:

GJB123 said:
Ruby United said:
Can people stop comparing Armstrong to Froome! Can Mods stop these references please.
Whether you like SKY or not how can one not appreciate Froome's strength and all round incredible ability

Because apart from the personality differences (although killing a pet rabbit for fun doesn't say anything good about Froome :D ) the similarities between them end their teams is almost scary.

that's called a stupid childish butthurt.

The Barb said:
Ruby United said:

Stop it. He's the best climber, best time trialist and has the best team in the race, so comparisons to Armstrong are obvious. If you're interpreting negative shades of meaning on it then that's on you.
His team is actually better.

May 8, 2009
Visit site

Bumeington said:
Hugo Koblet said:
Does anyone have the split times from the first ITT?

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_de_France_2016_Stage_13_ITT_

Prediction:

Froome 30"00
Porte +36
Dumoulin +40
Mollema +41
Bardet +43
Aru +50
Yates +53
Valverde +56
Quintana +57
Coppel +57
Meintjes +1"00
Martin +1"05

Not bad

Froome 30"43
Dumoulin +21 slightly more W/kg than I thought
Aru +33 3rd week Aru is here, he can show something in the mountains
Porte +33
Bardet +42
De Gendt +1"02 forgot about De Gendt
Izagirre +1"03 thought he would be saving himself for Nairo
JRod +1"05
Meintjes +1"08
Quintana +1"10 slightly off the pace same as yesterday, thought he might bounce back
Coppel +1"15
Valverde +1"18 also looks a bit cooked
Yates +1"23 poor pacing
Mollema +1"25 third week blues
Martin +1"28 even worse pacing

dacooley said:
GJB123 said:
Ruby United said:

Because apart from the personality differences (although killing a pet rabbit for fun doesn't say anything good about Froome :D ) the similarities between them end their teams is almost scary.

that's called a stupid childish butthurt.

True, my bad, "end" should have been "and". So noted and amended. Thanks for that! :D

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site

kingjr said:
The Barb said:
Ruby United said:

Stop it. He's the best climber, best mountain time trialist

I somehow missed his spectacular win in the first TT.

FTFY

Krokro said:
The Barb said:
Amazing. Froome is everything Armstrong was.

Let's just wait a few years and wait for the actual winner of those last Tours.

THis bo****ks should not be allowed here...why are mods not sending it to the clinic

Froome as I said yesterday is in the form of his life...he is just better than others right now
and he is the best climber in the Tour so why would he not win a MTN TT

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

kingjr said:
The Barb said:
Ruby United said:

Stop it. He's the best climber, best time trialist

I somehow missed his spectacular win in the first TT.

Armstrong didn't win every single ITT either.

But he was never worse than 3rd.

The Dawg come second in that one. :p

The resemblance is so uncanny, I'm regularly surprised when I hear Froome speak and it isn't the Texan accent we all know and love

1. GBRFROOME Christopher 1 TEAM SKY 77h 55' 53''
2. NEDMOLLEMA Bauke 61 TREK - SEGAFREDO 77h 59' 45'' + 03' 52''
3. GBRYATES Adam 209 ORICA-BIKEEXCHANGE 78h 00' 09'' + 04' 16''
4. COLQUINTANA Nairo 11 MOVISTAR TEAM 78h 00' 30'' + 04' 37''
5. FRABARDET Romain 41 AG2R LA MONDIALE 78h 00' 50'' + 04' 57''
6. AUSPORTE Richie 91 BMC RACING TEAM 78h 00' 53'' + 05' 00''
7. ITAARU Fabio 21 ASTANA PRO TEAM 78h 02' 01'' + 06' 08''
8. ESPVALVERDE Alejandro 12 MOVISTAR TEAM 78h 02' 30'' + 06' 37''
9. RSAMEINTJES Louis 157 LAMPRE - MERIDA 78h 03' 08'' + 07' 15''
10. IRLMARTIN Daniel 184 ETIXX-QUICK STEP 78h 03' 11'' + 07' 18''

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Re:

Arked said:
This was basicly MTT. I don't know what some of you expected. Clear favorite won this. Dumoulin is too heavy at the moment to contest Froome at this type of TT.

so... is Dawg skeleton too light at the moment to contest Dumurain in Rio?

May 8, 2009
Visit site
Re:

huangho said:
1. GBRFROOME Christopher 1 TEAM SKY 77h 55' 53''
2. NEDMOLLEMA Bauke 61 TREK - SEGAFREDO 77h 59' 45'' + 03' 52''
3. GBRYATES Adam 209 ORICA-BIKEEXCHANGE 78h 00' 09'' + 04' 16''
4. COLQUINTANA Nairo 11 MOVISTAR TEAM 78h 00' 30'' + 04' 37''
5. FRABARDET Romain 41 AG2R LA MONDIALE 78h 00' 50'' + 04' 57''
6. AUSPORTE Richie 91 BMC RACING TEAM 78h 00' 53'' + 05' 00''
7. ITAARU Fabio 21 ASTANA PRO TEAM 78h 02' 01'' + 06' 08''
8. ESPVALVERDE Alejandro 12 MOVISTAR TEAM 78h 02' 30'' + 06' 37''
9. RSAMEINTJES Louis 157 LAMPRE - MERIDA 78h 03' 08'' + 07' 15''
10. IRLMARTIN Daniel 184 ETIXX-QUICK STEP 78h 03' 11'' + 07' 18''

Interesting fight for podium, Bardet, Aru and Porte all looking strong, Quintana and Mollema looking weak, and some question marks over Yates

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Great ride by Froome. Battle for GC places should be good the next days, although don't hold your breath !!. Start to finish live coverage for next 2 days, I'm a sucker for punishment so will keep fingers crossed for a good race, for 2nd.

GJB123 said:
Ruby United said:

Because apart from the personality differences (although killing a pet rabbit for fun doesn't say anything good about Froome :D ) the similarities between them and their teams is almost scary.

Wow. I didn't know this and thought you were joking but then I googled "Froome rabbit killer" and read about it. Horrific.

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Podium chase will be interesting. 1.08" between Mollema in 2nd and Porte in 6th. You could make a fairly convincing argument for all of Mollema, Yates and Porte making the podium. Quintana and Bardet - I struggle more.

Top 6 prediction for Paris:
1) Froome
2) Porte
3) Yates
4) Mollema
5) Quintana
6) Bardet

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site

HelloDolly said:
Krokro said:
The Barb said:
Amazing. Froome is everything Armstrong was.

Let's just wait a few years and wait for the actual winner of those last Tours.

THis bo****ks should not be allowed here...why are mods not sending it to the clinic

Froome as I said yesterday is in the form of his life...he is just better than others right now
and he is the best climber in the Tour so why would he not win a MTN TT

What the F*** are Mods doing :mad: If I wanted to listen to comparisons between Froome and Lance I'd go to the clinic. Do your job MODS or let someone else do it...Joke otherwise!!!!!