• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

2016 Tour de France, Stage 18: Sallanches → Megève (17km)

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 8, 2009
837
0
0
Visit site
"Today's time trial is the second shortest in the history of the Tour de France. Other prologues have been shorter but do not officially count as time trials.

Officially the shortest time trial, was the opening stage of the 2015 Tour de France in Utrecht in the Netherlands. It was 13.7km long and won by Rohan Dennis."

Do they just make this stuff up? (2009 stage 1)
 
Re:

Bumeington said:
"Today's time trial is the second shortest in the history of the Tour de France. Other prologues have been shorter but do not officially count as time trials.

Officially the shortest time trial, was the opening stage of the 2015 Tour de France in Utrecht in the Netherlands. It was 13.7km long and won by Rohan Dennis."

Do they just make this stuff up? (2009 stage 1)

2004 Alp ITT also.
 
Re:

Miburo said:
Contador 2009 maybe beats this Froome? LOL

The worst version of Contador almost beat the best Froome in an ITT such as this. Some people need to watch some cycling before making an account here.

Froome wasn't great in the last week of that Tour either...

But yeah, Contador would have been favourite for today's stage, I'll give you that (but just look at the ease with which Froome is beating everyone this year. Contador only stood a chance of winning the Tour if Ventoux hadn't been neutralised and he wasn't affected while Froome was)
 
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Miburo said:
Contador 2009 maybe beats this Froome? LOL

The worst version of Contador almost beat the best Froome in an ITT such as this. Some people need to watch some cycling before making an account here.

Froome wasn't great in the last week of that Tour either...

But yeah, Contador would have been favourite for today's stage, I'll give you that (but just look at the ease with which Froome is beating everyone this year. Contador only stood a chance of winning the Tour if Ventoux hadn't been neutralised and he wasn't affected while Froome was)

While it would have been interesting for the spectacle to have Contador here, I couldn't see him beating Froome here, at all.
 
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
CheckMyPecs said:
stuartdm said:
What is the time cut-off on this stage? Bernie Eisel is 5 minutes down at the moment and the winner's time will be a fair bit quicker than the current leader.
Right now the cut-off time would be about 41'23".
Down to about 40'47".
I think we already have the lowest time. 38'05". From now on it's going to be faster and faster.
So, under 29 minutes should be the winning time. I doubt.
 
Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
Miburo said:
Contador 2009 maybe beats this Froome? LOL

The worst version of Contador almost beat the best Froome in an ITT such as this. Some people need to watch some cycling before making an account here.

Froome wasn't great in the last week of that Tour either...

But yeah, Contador would have been favourite for today's stage, I'll give you that (but just look at the ease with which Froome is beating everyone this year. Contador only stood a chance of winning the Tour if Ventoux hadn't been neutralised and he wasn't affected while Froome was)

Yeah and if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bicycle
Geez maybe Indurain could have beaten Froome here or Coppi
What happened in the past is the past and has no bearing on the present

Contador could have doen this or done that ...well he didn't ...he fell off hs bike...blame his poor bike handling skills
But to presume he would have won and then to go on about it as if it were fact is at best tiresome
 
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
CheckMyPecs said:
stuartdm said:
What is the time cut-off on this stage? Bernie Eisel is 5 minutes down at the moment and the winner's time will be a fair bit quicker than the current leader.
Right now the cut-off time would be about 41'23".
Down to about 40'47".

Maybe I'm dumb, but how so?

32:37 is 1957 seconds, 33% is about 652 seconds, which is nearly 11 minutes, so the cutoff should be about 43:29, or not?
 
Jul 12, 2013
981
0
0
Visit site
Quick analysis.

Dumoulin gained 1.68 s per km to Froome in the flat ITT. And the gains were quite constant during the whole time trial.
Assuming he will gain the same in the 12 non-real climbing (non-red non-black) kilometers of the profile the gain will mount to 20.16 seconds.
Froome has to gain 4sec/km in the red 3 km and 5sec/km in the black 2 km to win this stage.
Very tough task IMO.
 
Re:

Ataraxus said:
Quick analysis.

Dumoulin gained 1.68 s per km to Froome in the flat ITT. And the gains were quite constant during the whole time trial.
Assuming he will gain the same in the 12 non-real climbing (non-red non-black) kilometers of the profile the gain will mount to 20.16 seconds.
Froome has to gain 4sec/km in the red 3 km and 5sec/km in the black 2 km to win this stage.
Very tough task IMO.
You've really gotten into it...
My call is Doumulin and Froome inside single digits.
Can't tell the side.
 
Jul 12, 2013
981
0
0
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
The last few stages seemed to be light recovery rides for Froome so he'll likely be less fatigued than Dumoulin though


You meant the gap in fatigue between Tom D. and Froome will be smaller today than it was in Pont D'arc?
In that case I agree with you.
 
Mar 14, 2016
3,092
7
0
Visit site
Re: Re:

spalco said:
CheckMyPecs said:
CheckMyPecs said:
stuartdm said:
What is the time cut-off on this stage? Bernie Eisel is 5 minutes down at the moment and the winner's time will be a fair bit quicker than the current leader.
Right now the cut-off time would be about 41'23".
Down to about 40'47".

Maybe I'm dumb, but how so?

32:37 is 1957 seconds, 33% is about 652 seconds, which is nearly 11 minutes, so the cutoff should be about 43:29, or not?
Coefficient 7 stages like today's have a 25% cut-off (according to the Inner Ring website).
 
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
spalco said:
CheckMyPecs said:
CheckMyPecs said:
stuartdm said:
What is the time cut-off on this stage? Bernie Eisel is 5 minutes down at the moment and the winner's time will be a fair bit quicker than the current leader.
Right now the cut-off time would be about 41'23".
Down to about 40'47".

Maybe I'm dumb, but how so?

32:37 is 1957 seconds, 33% is about 652 seconds, which is nearly 11 minutes, so the cutoff should be about 43:29, or not?
Coefficient 7 stages like today's have a 25% cut-off (according to the Inner Ring website).
So, I'll have to do my maths again, too?
I won't bother. 29'35" is the target.
 
Re: Re:

CheckMyPecs said:
spalco said:
CheckMyPecs said:
CheckMyPecs said:
stuartdm said:
What is the time cut-off on this stage? Bernie Eisel is 5 minutes down at the moment and the winner's time will be a fair bit quicker than the current leader.
Right now the cut-off time would be about 41'23".
Down to about 40'47".

Maybe I'm dumb, but how so?

32:37 is 1957 seconds, 33% is about 652 seconds, which is nearly 11 minutes, so the cutoff should be about 43:29, or not?
Coefficient 7 stages like today's have a 25% cut-off (according to the Inner Ring website).

Coefficient 7
(An individual time trial stage of quite a unique type)
At Megève, a time delay will be set based on the
fastest time plus 33% of that time.