• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Formigal

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 29, 2015
Visit site
They definitely can't just let these riders continue in the race unpunished. It would render the time limit basically pointless and be unfair to everybody who stayed within the time limit and spent more energy.

Re:

seldon71 said:
Even extending to 25 % (or extending to unheard-of 30 %) would not save these guys. They rolled iin at +31%... I predict they are indeed gone.

They need to kick them out because I would wager that Team Sky told most of their riders to take it easy so they maybe can unload a possible ambush on a stage coming up figuring that Movistar and Tinkoff wore themselves out. This, and having the thinking that has been mention that their is no way they will kick out so many riders.

Re: Re:

DanielSong39 said:
classicomano said:
Brambilla from a break.

Wow, what a prediction.

I hope you made money on this one.
Lol you do realize that Brambilla was the biggest favorite to win the stage, right? :D

Regarding the time limit, I think it's a disgrace that so many riders can finish outside the time limit on a relatively easy stage like this and then just be reinstated in the race. That basically means that there is no time limit after all then. Obviously they won't be kicked out, but they should.

Hayabusa said:
bikinggirl said:
Again they favor the SKY team...WHY?

Why are you posting crap like this? Unless I'm mistaken, Sky are not the only team benefitting from this decision...
Well I don't think it's unlikely Sky told their riders to take it easy and had a chat with the judges, just like after Ventoux and the British during the Keirin at the Olympics

Interesting discussion on Twitter between Jan Bakelants and Thomas de Gendt, both feel it doesn't seem fair to allow the riders to stay in the race.

Obviously money wins as usual.

I don't expect anything different than everybody allowed to start the race tomorrow.
Far too many big sponsors would be upset otherwise.

A farce.

Just curious to see what kind of excuse those clowns will provide us with...

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Again?! Then why have they estabilished rules? To be constantly broken due to the circumstances?? I don't care if the decision favours Sky, FDJ, Etixx or whatelse...i mean rules are there for something and honestly this gives a bad image for the public

LaFlorecita said:
Hayabusa said:
bikinggirl said:
Again they favor the SKY team...WHY?

Why are you posting crap like this? Unless I'm mistaken, Sky are not the only team benefitting from this decision...
Well I don't think it's unlikely Sky told their riders to take it easy and had a chat with the judges, just like after Ventoux and the British during the Keirin at the Olympics

Interesting discussion on Twitter between Jan Bakelants and Thomas de Gendt, both feel it doesn't seem fair to allow the riders to stay in the race.

You seem to have mislaid your tinfoil .. I would imagine Sky were more worried about the opportunity to win the Vuelta was going down the pan.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re:

hrotha said:
This has nothing to do with Sky, guys. It's always the same with big groups that are OOT, unfortunately.

I don't get the organisation, they wouldn't have to pay for so many hotels anymore :p

Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 15: Sabiñánigo > Aramón Form

proffz said:
RattaKuningas said:
Josh Homme said:
So the peloton of 90+ riders... finally lost 54 minutes. 22 min over the limit.

It's now or never. And they truly should be out.

100% must DQ them. They didn't even try to make it in time and decided to rest. It is unfair to riders who were inside the time limit.
they should DQ them
otherwise it is better to remove time limit as a rule from GT.

somebody should teach the riders they are pro.
in a 118 km stage 53 min is too much
no reason to admit them back
i think this one time an exception should be made and the riders who deliberately did not make the TL on such easy stage should be made to start racing tomorrow with a 20 minutes handicap