• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta a España, stage 17: Castellón > Mas de la Costa

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 17: Castellón > Mas de la Co

Irondan said:
StuyvenFan said:
Enrico Gimondi said:
Tejay Van Garderen has abandoned the race.

Tejay gonna Tejay...

‏@BMCProTeam #lv2016 we have confirmation from the DS car that @tejay_van has abandoned the race. More details to come.

Doesn't he have a baby on the way? Could have something to do with that, either way he hasn't ridden well at all in this race and abandoning is probably for the best.
Terrible season for TJ this year! I think it was his worst since before his breakout with HTC 2010...

He's got some soul searching to do if he wants to continue as a GC rider, although I'm sure he'll always find someone that will take his points and minor placings in the WT.

This Vuelta was suppose to showcase his stage hunting abilities, but all it shows is that he has some issues holding him back. :(

His role as a team leader might be done for good unless he can turn things around. Whenever he loses time he seems to get worse although in the TDS he had a bad day and then won the next stage but of course that's not a grand tour.

I don't think this is going to be the stage where you see huge gaps... you'd have to attack from 20-30km out and I don't think that's going to stick today.

20-30 second gaps in the last couple of km may be all you see among the top 5.

Of course anyone could crack at any time, but I don't think it's likely today.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
well, so far nothing happen. I wonder when sky is going to play their card? are they waiting for the descent? or is it just going to be up to Froome on the final climb?

Re: 2016 Vuelta a España, stage 17: Castellón > Mas de la Co

Irondan said:
StuyvenFan said:
Enrico Gimondi said:
Tejay Van Garderen has abandoned the race.

Tejay gonna Tejay...

‏@BMCProTeam #lv2016 we have confirmation from the DS car that @tejay_van has abandoned the race. More details to come.

Doesn't he have a baby on the way? Could have something to do with that, either way he hasn't ridden well at all in this race and abandoning is probably for the best.
Terrible season for TJ this year! I think it was his worst since before his breakout with HTC 2010...

He's got some soul searching to do if he wants to continue as a GC rider, although I'm sure he'll always find someone that will take his points and minor placings in the WT.

This Vuelta was suppose to showcase his stage hunting abilities, but all it shows is that he has some issues holding him back. :(

In the interview I heard before the race he said he'd like to go stage hunting but wasn't sure how he'd do seeing as he hadn't done much work between the Tour and the start of the Vuelta, surprise he didn't have the condition to head out into the break nor is it a surprise he pulled out of the race. Somethings certainly has gone wrong this season and it once again shown how fragile he seems to be.

BMC riding to protect their margin over the fourth ranked team in the teams classification. That is one of those things where the chasm between an objetive's importance to teams/managers, and it's importance to fans, is just beyond gaping.

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Re:

carton said:
BMC riding to protect their margin over the fourth ranked team in the teams classification. That is one of those things where the chasm between an objetive's importance to teams/managers, and it's importance to fans, is just beyond gaping.
what does bmc chasing has to do with katusha. they are fighting movistar for 1st place.