• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2016 Vuelta, stage 4: Betanzos > San Andrés de Teixido

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

barmaher said:
We are so lucky to be around in the Valverde era. I can get some of the criticism he gets, but to criticise him for putting the hammer down uphill to try and gap GC rivals? What the hell?
200 m sprint after doing nothing in the previous 10 km = putting down the hammer? :confused:

My goodness, how low standards have dropped.

huangho said:
PremierAndrew said:
huangho said:
So, Atapuma will be in red, is he (And of course BMC) good enough to keep it??

He could potentially finish top 5 if he gains 3 minutes or more today

I don't think he will be allowed to get more than a minute...

1º Darwin Atapuma (BMC)
2º Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) a 29"
3º Chris Froome (Sky) a 33"
4º Esteban Chaves (Orica-BikeExchange) a 39"
5º Nairo Quintana (Movistar) a 39"

;)

Re:

barmaher said:
We are so lucky to be around in the Valverde era. I can get some of the criticism he gets, but to criticise him for putting the hammer down uphill to try and gap GC rivals? What the hell?
I agree, he might as well sprint and force everyone else to do the same, than just roll over with the others. For sure it takes more out of the bad sprinters than him.

CheckMyPecs said:
barmaher said:
200 m sprint after doing nothing in the previous 10 km = putting down the hammer? :confused: My goodness, how standards have dropped.

And you seriously think this is Valverde's only trick?

TRENDING THREADS