• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2018 La Fleche Wallonne

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

jaylew said:
I don't understand the posts here. The teams not in the break are working for themselves. It's not about strictly working against Valverde. They have no chance if the gap to the break is as big as it was.
Yep, it's unbelievably myopic. Calling Wellens or Kwiatkowski pathetic for not attacking when an 8 man break is 45 seconds up the road. :eek:

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
weird to see other teams than Movistar chasing .... I understand bringing Peter Sagan to the finish line is not much appreciated outside of team Bora, fair enough ... but piloting Valverde to the Mur is way more stupid than that ...

Re:

jaylew said:
I don't understand the posts here. The teams not in the break are working for themselves. It's not about strictly working against Valverde. They have no chance if the gap to the break is as big as it was.
Then maybe you shouldn´t let the break obviously brilliant break just ride off into the distance.

Re:

jaylew said:
Then maybe you shouldn´t let the break obviously brilliant break just ride off into the distance.

TRENDING THREADS