• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Giro d'Italia Stage 16: Lovere - Ponte di Legno 194 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Lequack said:
Some pics from the start:

D7o-JAoXYAEB2RV.jpg:large

:lol:

glassmoon said:
King Boonen said:
Robert5091 said:
Is that allowed with his bike? Cars go in GC order normaly so Jumbo's car should be just behind Movistar's anyway.

I'm almost certain that no, it's not allowed. Remember what happened when Porte took a wheel from Clarke in 2015.
Must be some kind of joke :)

I'm assuming so, or they were just helping transport it to the start for some reason.

King Boonen said:
glassmoon said:
King Boonen said:
Robert5091 said:
Is that allowed with his bike? Cars go in GC order normaly so Jumbo's car should be just behind Movistar's anyway.

I'm almost certain that no, it's not allowed. Remember what happened when Porte took a wheel from Clarke in 2015.
Must be some kind of joke :)

I'm assuming so, or they were just helping transport it to the start for some reason.

fUeXnus.png

Break, not sure yet if they will stay away:

Mikkel Frølich Honoré
DQT
Fausto Masnada
ANS
Joe Dombrowski
EF1
Mattia Cattaneo
ANS
François Bidard
ALM
Giulio Ciccone
TFS
Mikel Nieve
MTS
Damiano Caruso
TBM
Diego Ulissi
UAD
Christopher Juul-Jensen
MTS
Nathan Brown
EF1
Jai Hindley
SUN
Andrey Amador
MOV
Michael Schwarzmann
BOH
Francisco José Ventoso
CCC
Łukasz Owsian
CCC

fantomas said:
Lexman said:
all teams of GC riders sending riders head except for Jumbo team?

Bouwman should be there.

he's bridging ite seems :
Gap at km 16, 48 seconds

21 leaders:

2 Amador (MOV)
12 Bidard (ALM)
23 Cattaneo (ANS)
26 Masnada (ANS)
32 Bilbao (AST)
37 Villella (AST)
44 Caruso (TBM)
47 A. Nibali (TBM)
67 Schwarzmann (BOH)
76 Owsian (CCC)
78 Ventoso (CCC)
83 Honoré (DQT)
84 Jungels (DQWT)
94 Brown (EF1)
97 Dombrowski (EF1)
137 Juul Jensen (MTS)
128 Nieve (MTS)
195 Hindley (SUN)
203 Ciccone (TFS)
218 Ulissi (UAE)

To these, 35 Hirt (AST) and 172 Bouwman (TJV) bridge across. Confirmation of all names and number still underway.

Landa and Lopez will go early on the Mortirolo and Nibali and Carapaz will attack each other with Roglic just following is my prediction. Richie doesn´t seem to be a guy who will be content to just Watch his rivals, he will attack. Yates can get a gap if he has got the legs. I expect carnage.

Dombrowski would need to drop everyone on the Mortirolo and get a big advantage before the descent, he's not a great descender and probably lacks the engine to stay away on the way to Ponte di Legno. Ciccone winning from the breakaway would be pretty awesome.

TRENDING THREADS