• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 10: Saint-Flour > Albi 217,5 km

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: 2019 Tour de France, stage 10: Saint-Flour > Albi 217,5

JosephK said:
When all is said and done, no matter one's feelings about Ineos, they showed exactly why they are totally prepared to win this tour. A magnificent job by those guys. Separately, this is turning into a spectacular Tour for Jumbo Visma. Wonder Wout takes it in a great finish.

Absolutely, on both counts. Can't wait to MvDP decides to ride the Tour. Next year, I hope!

I love Pinot, but that's weak sauce to be the virtual GC leader and get caught out like that.

SKSemtex said:
Wout is amazing. Congrats.
Sagan let himself closed.
Very bed sprint from him. He should have been on Viviani's weel.

Huh? Trentin started his sprint super early and closed him.

Sagan then rounded like 5-6 of them on the right side. It wasnt a bad sprint. Had he been in better postion he might have gotten a better place.

Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
A really really bad day for the GC of this race.

Fuglsang, Pinot, Porte, Uran and Landa had all looked solid in GC with the ability to challenge INEOS before this day.

Now, the only riders within a short time distance to challenge INEOS are riders who cannot win the race...

I agree, a dramatic stage but bad for the race in the longer run. I'm not sure everybody realizes this.

Btw, it also shows that attacking is dangerous (EF Education did, and was punished for it). This is not a good lesson either, most people want to see that offensive riding pays off.

Bolder said:
JosephK said:
When all is said and done, no matter one's feelings about Ineos, they showed exactly why they are totally prepared to win this tour. A magnificent job by those guys. Separately, this is turning into a spectacular Tour for Jumbo Visma. Wonder Wout takes it in a great finish.

Can't wait to MvDP decides to ride the Tour. Next year, I hope!

His team has to be invited first or whoever he will be riding for next year.

Bolder said:
JosephK said:

Salvarani said:
He isn't riding the TDF next year! Poulidor said so last week, and Mathieu confirmed it yesterday or the day before.

Wout is an amazing powerhouse. What a Tour debut, what a sprint, what a victory!
Echelons are always entertaining, but this outcome is the cherry on top.

Shoutout to Viviani's and Matthews' facial expressions after the finish. You can't show astonishment any better.

LOVELY! It's fun to be Belgian, this Tour de France.

EF start the move and lose their team leader, Porte asleep at the wheel as usual.Pinot finding new ways to ruin his race. Hard to believe experienced riders keep getting caught out like that. At least George Bennett can have a laugh. Wrong time to do a bottle run...........

Salvarani said:
Bolder said:
JosephK said:

Well, if they merge with Katusha and becomes a WT team it'll be quite simple.

Re:

movingtarget said:
EF start the move and lose their team leader, Porte asleep at the wheel as usual.Pinot finding new ways to ruin his race. Hard to believe experienced riders keep getting caught out like that. At least George Bennett can have a laugh. Wrong time to do a bottle run...........

Yes, though some of the GC guys were attentive. I saw Quintana moving up to the front by himself, sensing what was coming. Good instincts!

Re:

jaylew said:
I really hope this isn't the stage that killed the race. Ineos looking good for two podium places with Yates and Nairo the main challengers. Jumbo has been incredible. 4 wins from 3 different riders and the TTT.

And Kruijswijk unusually well positioned at this stage too

Re: Re:

Hugo Koblet said:
Broccolidwarf said:
On a positive note, Astana is now forced to attack the mountains hard.

Fireworks coming up :)
Unfortunately, they don't really have the team to do so.

Exactly, - it's not like a team gets stronger by failing. It's never been like that, although people tend to think so. Astana is now demoralized, having already shown clear signs of weakness in the first week.

TRENDING THREADS