• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigorre

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Simurgh said:
It sounds like something really, really bad has happened :sad: Assuming that this is not how teams usually writes about an abandon
Maybe just something slightly embarrassing, like a sudden attack of diarrea or so.

I don't think it's necessarily concerning.

Re:

tobydawq said:
It seems like he has fled the race for some reason.

But someone must know something since they knew of the DNF.
I instantly thought of a Basso-like scenario (a very serious illness) or clinic issues, when I read that announcement. Really strange, indeed.

EDIT: Now you mention it, spalco, that could be a very plausible explanation! :D

Re: Re:

Simurgh said:
tobydawq said:
It seems like he has fled the race for some reason.

But someone must know something since they knew of the DNF.
I instantly thought of a Basso-like scenario (a very serious illness) or clinic issues, when I read that announcement. Really strange, indeed.

EDIT: Now you mention it, spalco, that could be a very plausible explanation! :D
Yeah, we all remember Dumoulin in a field with his pants down ;)

Re:

Simurgh said:
https://twitter.com/Bahrain_Merida/status/1151844844911964160

"Our priority is the welfare of all our riders so will launch an immediate investigation but will not be commenting further until we have established what has happened to @RohanDennis.

Meantime we continue to support our riders who are mid-race."

It sounds like something really, really bad has happened :sad: Assuming that this is not how teams usually writes about an abandon
A confusing statement. Awful, awful public relations

Wvv said:
Nervous breakdown? Depression?
Hope not but my first thought was kimmage in rough ride. A “*** it I’ve had enough” deal.

Re:

bob.a.feet said:
And Betty when you call me you can Calmejane
Paul Simon Yates. :p

Lilian Calmejane, I think he just wanted symbolically to top the Peyresourde... valiant, and would have been crowd-pleasing, he being from the general region. Only to get pipped on the line by Tim Wellens. Ah, well. C'est le cyclisme, c'est la vie, chacun son destin

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS