• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigorre

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

tobydawq said:
It seems like he has fled the race for some reason.

But someone must know something since they knew of the DNF.

I instantly thought of a Basso-like scenario (a very serious illness) or clinic issues, when I read that announcement. Really strange, indeed.

EDIT: Now you mention it, spalco, that could be a very plausible explanation! :D

Re: Re:

Simurgh said:
tobydawq said:
It seems like he has fled the race for some reason.

But someone must know something since they knew of the DNF.

I instantly thought of a Basso-like scenario (a very serious illness) or clinic issues, when I read that announcement. Really strange, indeed.

EDIT: Now you mention it, spalco, that could be a very plausible explanation! :D

Yeah, we all remember Dumoulin in a field with his pants down ;)

Re:

Simurgh said:
https://twitter.com/Bahrain_Merida/status/1151844844911964160

"Our priority is the welfare of all our riders so will launch an immediate investigation but will not be commenting further until we have established what has happened to @RohanDennis.

Meantime we continue to support our riders who are mid-race."

It sounds like something really, really bad has happened :sad: Assuming that this is not how teams usually writes about an abandon

A confusing statement. Awful, awful public relations

Wvv said:
Nervous breakdown? Depression?

Hope not but my first thought was kimmage in rough ride. A “*** it I’ve had enough” deal.

Re: Re:

Flamin said:
Can't imagine anything else than a break to make it.

TMP402 said:
alspacka said:
Wow thanks for the great post! I'm thinking this will go to the break, maybe someone like woods Woods or Bennett.

I will nominate Cummings, Benoot again, Impey again, de Gendt again.

Benoot crashed pretty badly yesterday though.

And yet he's the only one I was right about!

TRENDING THREADS