• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigorre

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Wvv

Jan 3, 2019
Bilbao bridges in the first meters of the descent.

Summit:
1. Yates
2. Mühlberger
3. Bilbao +5"
4. Pauwels and the others +30"

Yates' glasses make him look quite ridiculous if you ask me.. It's like giving your toddler your sunglasses to wear for a funny picture. "It's way to big of course, look how funny it looks, it doesn't even fit!"

Apr 22, 2012
Re: Re:

TomLPC said:
Kokoso said:
TomLPC said:
Simurgh said:
https://twitter.com/Bahrain_Merida/status/1151844844911964160

"Our priority is the welfare of all our riders so will launch an immediate investigation but will not be commenting further until we have established what has happened to @RohanDennis.

Meantime we continue to support our riders who are mid-race."

It sounds like something really, really bad has happened :sad: Assuming that this is not how teams usually writes about an abandon
A confusing statement. Awful, awful public relations

Wvv said:
Nervous breakdown? Depression?
Hope not but my first thought was kimmage in rough ride. A “**** it I’ve had enough” deal.
Nothing awful about that. I would perfectly understand they don't want to jump into aby premature conclusions if they are not certain about what's going on.
It’s not the jumping to conclusions part, it’s that the statement makes no mention of that fact that he’s sat in the team bus, people were speculating that he had gone missing and this doesn’t clear that up. “Rohan has unfortunately had to abandon, he is talking to staff and we will make a statement at xxx” would’ve been fine. Instead of this we get the usual corporate, defensive “we take the health of our riders/employees/gameshow contestants etc seriously.”.
That's fair. Suppose they might presume everboy knew Rohan didn't crash or someting like that.

Jun 11, 2011
Re: 2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigo

Salvarani said:
FjPavels said:
And now Dennis left the team bus but refused to speak to the reporters outside.
Why did he abandon?
I have no idea, am watching Norwegian Television. They only showed video of him leaving the team bus, they had no news on why he abandoned.

FjPavels said:
Salvarani said:
FjPavels said:
Why did he abandon?
I have no idea, am watching Norwegian Television. They only showed video of him leaving the team bus, they had no news on why he abandoned.
It seems like exactly one person in the world knows.

FjPavels said:
Salvarani said:
FjPavels said:
Why did he abandon?
It could be anything. Family bereavement, anything. All we know is that it is not being announced yet. But there will be information in the next few days.

Re:

tobydawq said:
I don't see how Mühlberger can throw this away. He manages to be the underdog and at the same time the fastest of the three.
Like i said, i really think Bilbao is the fastest but both, Mühlberger and Yates, are also punchy/fast for climbers.

I'm not sure about Bilbao's sprint. I think it's much worse than when he rode for Caja Rural. Mühlberger almost beat Alaphilippe in the Dauphiné.

But on paper, it's close.

Mühlberger looks impeccable today, though.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS