• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigorre

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Re:

TomLPC said:
Kokoso said:
TomLPC said:
Simurgh said:
https://twitter.com/Bahrain_Merida/status/1151844844911964160

"Our priority is the welfare of all our riders so will launch an immediate investigation but will not be commenting further until we have established what has happened to @RohanDennis.

Meantime we continue to support our riders who are mid-race."

It sounds like something really, really bad has happened :sad: Assuming that this is not how teams usually writes about an abandon

A confusing statement. Awful, awful public relations

Wvv said:
Nervous breakdown? Depression?

Hope not but my first thought was kimmage in rough ride. A “**** it I’ve had enough” deal.
Nothing awful about that. I would perfectly understand they don't want to jump into aby premature conclusions if they are not certain about what's going on.

It’s not the jumping to conclusions part, it’s that the statement makes no mention of that fact that he’s sat in the team bus, people were speculating that he had gone missing and this doesn’t clear that up. “Rohan has unfortunately had to abandon, he is talking to staff and we will make a statement at xxx” would’ve been fine. Instead of this we get the usual corporate, defensive “we take the health of our riders/employees/gameshow contestants etc seriously.”.
That's fair. Suppose they might presume everboy knew Rohan didn't crash or someting like that.

Re: 2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigo

FjPavels said:
Salvarani said:
FjPavels said:
And now Dennis left the team bus but refused to speak to the reporters outside.

Why did he abandon?

I have no idea, am watching Norwegian Television. They only showed video of him leaving the team bus, they had no news on why he abandoned.

It seems like exactly one person in the world knows.

Re: 2019 Tour de France, stage 12: Toulouse>Bagnères-de-Bigo

FjPavels said:
Salvarani said:
FjPavels said:
And now Dennis left the team bus but refused to speak to the reporters outside.

Why did he abandon?

I have no idea, am watching Norwegian Television. They only showed video of him leaving the team bus, they had no news on why he abandoned.

It could be anything. Family bereavement, anything. All we know is that it is not being announced yet. But there will be information in the next few days.

TRENDING THREADS