• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2019 UCI Road World Championships Men's Road Race : 284.5km

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It’s a shame the hills are gone, but with nearly 100k on the circuit in bad weather I doubt it will matter too much.

Even by British standards the rain we’ve had over the past week has been unbelievable, it’s no surprise some of the smaller local roads have flooded.

You lost motivation? To do what?
I was super excited, woke up and now realized they changed yet another great stage/race due to weather. Guess its the fact that that also happened in Gavia and Val Thorens earlier this year which ended up in relatively meh races. And although it maybe doesn't mean that much, I just dont understand why they wouldn't do that extra lap to keep the distance as originally planned. Just feels like UCI are inept at what they are doing.

Reactions: Pantani_lives
The forecast posted on the previous page showed the heaviest rain at 10am, so exactly when they’d be going up the first 2 big climbs, and with the runoff accumulating just in time to flood as they go over the 3rd. Better that they be proactive and avoid a repeat of the TdF.

But yeah, shame the big hills are out.
I agree especially having now seen the photo of Buttertubs looking like a like. My post was countering someone saying it’s not raining at the time.

Real survival of the fittest conditions. Bike handling skills also likely to be critically important.

TRENDING THREADS