• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Milano-Torino - August 5th / Mont Ventoux Dénivelé Challenge - August 6th

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Clipboard.gif

I thought he - quite unnecessarily - was trying to bridge back up to the favourites' group because it would be cool for a guy like him to sit in a 25 man group with all the GC contenders after two tough climbs and in the bottom of the final one on a day where everybody was scared of the time limit.

But I agree that his level has been lacking since. Then again, better decision making and he would have a fourth world title in Yorkshire so it's not all bad.

Actually you are right about Yorkshire - Had good form that day and it was a missed opportunity.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I was rewatching the Vuelta 2017 a bit this week, Contador did that a few times himself to Nibali. At least twice it was

"Hey Berto, wann go destroy the Sky train"
"Sí, always any day"

Nibs: Attacks
Contador: follows

Nibs does a big turn. He looks at Contador, and then you can just see Contador going like "sorry man I'm so dead"
Contador or Valverde collaborating is such a rare sight :D

TRENDING THREADS