• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 National Championships

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
In the men’s race, the 3rd place finisher doesn’t even have a team affiliation? Is that just missing info or is he that much of a non-pro?
ed. Never mind, I should have looked up his stats first (2nd place in u-23 world’s RR last yr)
Bissegger is a great talent. Michael Matthews type of rider. He was originally planned to combine his racing for Team Monti (Quick-Step's U23 team), that didn't even come into existence, and the Suisse national team until July 31st as preparation for the track in Olympics, which obviously didn't happen. It was planned his contract with EF would start on August 1st, but it would appear they have moved this date forward, since I saw him riding in EF colors on a Cannondale bike this afternoon,

Reactions: Sciatic and Koronin
Bissegger is a great talent. Michael Matthews type of rider. He was originally planned to combine his racing for Team Monti (Quick-Step's U23 team), that didn't even come into existence, and the Suisse national team until July 31st as preparation for the track in Olympics, which obviously didn't happen. It was planned his contract with EF would start on August 1st, but it would appear they have moved this date forward, since I saw him riding in EF colors on a Cannondale bike this afternoon,
Thanks DNP, excellent info!

I suppose if you are not under contract, you can use any equipment that you have or that is made available to you. And at a push, I suppose that includes any jersey you want. It's available to buy at the Rapha shop: who's to say he can't wear it (although I doubt he was charged full retail price.)

Reactions: Koronin
So... Rui Costa is the new Portuguese RR Nat Champ (Ivo Oliveira took the ITT title a few days ago.)
Now, we've seen what absolute horrors UAE team can make out of Nat Champ jersey, but isn't the Portuguese federation one of those federations that actually have demands for Nat Champ jerseys?

Also, I might have secretly hoped that the other UAE Rui would take the Road Race, for no other reason that it would make it easier to tell that pair of twins apart...

Reactions: Sandisfan
Someone posted the provisional start list for the Spanish national Championships. This is the list of WT riders competing:
Movistar (7): Arcas, Carretero, Elosegui, Lluis Mas, Mora, Torres, Samitier
Cofidis (4): Barcelo, Jesus and Jose Herrad and Mate
Ineos (1): Carlos Rodriguez
Astana (1): Oscar Rodriguez

Pro Conti Caja Rural (14), Euskalte-Euskadi (14), Burgos (11)

Gorka Izagirre, Rafa Valls, and Gerard Armillas may be added to the final list.

Reactions: Sandisfan
The italian NC around Bassano del Grappa looks great, 11 laps on the Rosina climb (2km at 7%), 253km long and on the penultimate lap there's the muro di Tisa climb, 300m at 10% with a max gradient of almost 20% on a narrow, cobbled road.
tisa.jpg

The final climb tops with 25km to go, so all kind of riders have a chance. UAE and Trek will try to make it really hard for Colbrelli and Trentin. I'll post a profile a bit later. The whole thing is organized by Pippo and was supposed to be a big event with screens on the la Rosina climb and lots of games and events for children. It's about 2h away from my hometown, if fans were allowed I'd travel to Bassano to watch the race. Pippo also wants to establish this one as a one day race, he's already talking about a potential wt race next year.

The italian NC around Bassano del Grappa looks great, 11 laps on the Rosina climb (2km at 7%), 253km long and on the penultimate lap there's the muro di Tisa climb, 300m at 10% with a max gradient of almost 20% on a narrow, cobbled road.
tisa.jpg

The final climb tops with 25km to go, so all kind of riders have a chance. UAE and Trek will try to make it really hard for Colbrelli and Trentin. I'll post a profile a bit later. The whole thing is organized by Pippo and was supposed to be a big event with screens on the la Rosina climb and lots of games and events for children. It's about 2h away from my hometown, if fans were allowed I'd travel to Bassano to watch the race. Pippo also wants to establish this one as a one day race, he's already talking about a potential wt race next year.

Haha, nice way. Sure it's a road event and people are not expected to bring their cross bikes? Kind of the anti-dote to "our" NCs.

TRENDING THREADS