• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2020 Tokyo Olympics - road race course

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Spanish Riders in top 8 on Monday

Points so far this week

TVV

Lulu 5
(Verona not in top 8 35)

Milan-Torino
Valverde 150
Ion 30, Gorka 10
(Mas 35 which would take him to 591.12 - so a good result in Lombardia and the top 8 awaits)

Today
Gorka 20

Giving extra 215 to Roglic's 200 for the week.

Closing gap to 15 points

So to be ahead after Lombardia Roglic has to come ahead of all Spanish riders in top 8 plus Mas and hope cumulative total isn't that high

Spanish Riders in top 8 on Monday

Points so far this week

TVV

Lulu 5
(Verona not in top 8 35)

Milan-Torino
Valverde 150
Ion 30, Gorka 10
(Mas 35 which would take him to 591.12 - so a good result in Lombardia and the top 8 awaits)

Today
Gorka 20

Giving extra 215 to Roglic's 200 for the week.

Closing gap to 15 points

So to be ahead after Lombardia Roglic has to come ahead of all Spanish riders in top 8 plus Mas and hope cumulative total isn't that high
What's the point distribution for Lombardia?

I think Colombia is now safer in the top-6. It had near to 500 points on Slovenia. Today with 200 of Bernal and 150 from Sosa (overtaking Betancur, so it counts for ~136 points in the total).
The fight for 6th keeps being interesting:
Polanc for Slovenia with 5 points, Gorka for Spain with 20, and Germany tries to come back with Buchmann (100 points)

if I didn't make any mistakes, these are the current standings, only taking the points scored in 2019 into account:

5 COL 10095,71
6 SLO 9271,40
7 ESP 9260,50
8 GER 9118,66

Slovenia and Spain basically end their season on Sunday, so it'll be Roglic vs Valverde & the Izagirre brothers (and maybe Mas) in Lombardia - and then they need to hope for Germany not so score too much in Paris-Tours & Guangxi

Last edited:
if I didn't make any mistakes, these are the current standings, only taking the points scored in 2019 into account:

5 COL 10095,71
6 SLO 9271,40
7 ESP 9260,50
8 GER 9118,66

Slovenia and Spain basically end their season on Sunday, so it'll be Roglic vs Valverde & the Izagirre brothers (and maybe Mas) in Lombardia - and then they need to hope for Germany not so score too much in Paris-Tours & Guangxi

Yeah I missed out Polancs 5 points so just over 20 point difference

Following link you up until Sunday's points the ranking for the Olympics - no need to subtract any of last years scores

https://dataride.uci.ch/Results/ifr...32&rankingTypeId=3&categoryId=22&raceTypeId=0

Reactions: search
I'm guessing Mass finishing 13th keeps him outside the top 8 for Spain. At Lombardia Valverde 400, Gorka 30.

I'm thinking 430 points Valverde and Gorka secured should be enough to hold onto that final spot to get the full number of riders for the Olympics.

should be, yes. They have a ~270pt advantage over Slovenia now (not racing anymore, as far as I can see) and ~450pt over Germany.

Ackermann may take a couple of stages in Guangxi (40pt each), but they'd also need Schachmann to fight for the overall victory (300pt) to come close, and he probably isn't in good enough shape again yet to do that (and there's still Mas around who may pick up some points as well)

should be, yes. They have a ~270pt advantage over Slovenia now (not racing anymore, as far as I can see) and ~450pt over Germany.

Ackermann may take a couple of stages in Guangxi (40pt each), but they'd also need Schachmann to fight for the overall victory (300pt) to come close, and he probably isn't in good enough shape again yet to do that (and there's still Mas around who may pick up some points as well)
There's Degenkolb and Kamna as well. Kamna's miles behind Steimle to make their top 8, but stranger things have happened.

so to get into 6th, Germany basically needs to win all stages (with Ackermann in the sprints) as well as the GC (with Schachmann) in Guangxi, with Mas not finishing in the top ~10 overall.

The competition is not particularly strong, but this looks highly unlikely

Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS