• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 15: Grado – Gorizia 147 km

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Maximum gap for the early breakaway?

• There will be no breakaway

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Less than 2 minutes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-4 minutes

• 4-6 minutes

• 6-8 minutes

• 8-10 minutes

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • 10-12 minutes

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • 12-15 minutes

• 15-20 minutes

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • 20+ minutes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he focused more on steep short climbs, this stage actually suits him better than the high mountain stages, in current form.
He seems to be trying to do too many things at once, I'd understand more if he'd saved energy yesterday to target today's stage. It won't be easy to win from this group with so many fast sprinters he'll need to drop. If he's still after the KOM jersey there are lots of climbs to come too.

He seems to be trying to do too many things at once, I'd understand more if he'd saved energy yesterday to target today's stage. It won't be easy to win from this group with so many fast sprinters he'll need to drop. If he's still after the KOM jersey there are lots of climbs to come too.
i think some riders can recover really fast. So many times have we seen riders get in the breakaway two days in a row and doing great, O'connor last year's giro for example.

Reactions: Orbit501
that would happen after every big crash though

There were, what? Four of five ambulances after the peloton... surely they'll not usually all be busy after a crash. Seems a bit like that incident in the Tour back in, I think, 2015, when they stopped the race after a second crash in a few minutes. Except this time they stopped it before any potention second crash.
BTW... did you delete a part of your post that was quoting me...?

No one will be wanting to take Oldani to a sprint that's for sure.
Oldani isn't super fast. Walsheid, Arndt and Molano are also pretty fast. I do think Arndt and Oldani have the best chance at surviving that hill tho.
Torres and Consonni are pretty quick too. I'd say Consonni is the quickest in that group.
Don't underestimate Hermans as well. He's one of the faster CX-riders and showed speed in (minor) road races too.

I hope every one of you finds something you're as passionate about as I am passionate about hating stages like these

Red Rick! Take it easy, bro. Since I had nothing to do on a Sunday morning, I figured I'd tune into a grand tour stage with 100 km's remaining. Maybe there's a reason to watch, I thought. Then I came across your post and the balloon burst before I got to see a rider go to the team car to fetch a bidon. Thanks a lot!
P.S. Sir Bradley is in da house and is providing some laughs by defiantly giving props to Armstrong and co. First he said Matt White was sought out by none other than Armstrong for his abilities as a domestique. Then he credits Van de Velde for turning him into a mountain goat. And then there was the time he finished fourth behind Armstrong at Le Tour.
Awkward silence follows.

TRENDING THREADS