• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2021 Giro d'Italia, Stage 4: Piacenza - Sestola 186 km

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Poll?

• Yes

Votes: 37 53.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 46.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to GT racing Remco, think he may regret riding some warm up races.

He didnt...

And I think it was solid still. He was the one chasing from the other group. Only lost 10s. No big deal. His positioning wasnt that good in the group though. That is what might have cost him some seconds.

The question is longer climbs and multiple ones. How he will handle week 2 and 3 etc.

bernal looks very, very strong. if it stays this way, the high mountains will absolutely crown him.

remco did amazing when you consider where he is coming from. however, he did only okay in terms of actually competing for overall. depends on whether this is his limit in mountains or whether he will improve steadily throughout the giro. i am concerned it may be somewhere between the two (at best) and he may really show his limits in the high mountains.

Class

TUxD1pw.png

• Wow
Reactions: Carols
bernal looks very, very strong. if it stays this way, the high mountains will absolutely crown him.

remco did amazing when you consider where he is coming from. however, he did only okay in terms of actually competing for overall. depends on whether this is his limit in mountains or whether he will improve steadily throughout the giro. i am concerned it may be somewhere between the two (at best) and he may really show his limits in the high mountains.
Wait until the next dry mountain stage before you make predictions. Do you think MVDP would have crashed in Yorkshire in dry weather? Rain changes everything. Just ask Ulrich.