• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2022 Giro d'Italia, Stage 16: Salò – Aprica 202 km (Tuesday, May 24th)

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It’s a long, demanding stage, so I think it will be the one that pretty much sets up the rest of the race. Carapaz and Almeida seem best equipped to handle this, and Hindley seems to be in the best form. Nibali I expect to show where he is really at in the race, which is what Blockhaus showed - top ten in the race, but a step below the real contenders.

Reactions: Sandisfan
"Una forte perturbazione raggiungerà l’Italia nella giornata di martedì con intensi temporali in previsione per le regioni del nord."

Music to my hears. Let's hope we don't have the usual RAI shenenigans with 4 and a half hours of fixed cameras from Aprica.
Oh my word that would suck! Ivan Basso said in the pre-Giro analyses that this stage will be decisive for the entire race.

Last edited:
"Una forte perturbazione raggiungerà l’Italia nella giornata di martedì con intensi temporali in previsione per le regioni del nord."

Music to my hears. Let's hope we don't have the usual RAI shenenigans with 4 and a half hours of fixed cameras from Aprica.
RAI is no longer in charge. Which I thought would be great news before the Giro, but now I'm not so optimistic.

Does anyone know if Bora rainjackets are easier to put on than Sunweb ones?

Diego Rosa?

Looks pretty human...

diego-rosa-2022-n2.jpeg

TRENDING THREADS