• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

2022 National Championships

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The German ITT route was unsual. Only 27.5kms long (shame on you, Germany!) and with a hill that is 1.2kms at 10.3% right at the start and a 2nd one that tops after 21kms of racing that is 1.7km at 5.3%.
Steimle finishing 2nd on such a hard route is actually impressive.

Now come on, we let them ride almost 30km on public roads, that's a lot for a cycling race in Germany these days! ...

Now come on, we let them ride almost 30km on public roads, that's a lot for a cycling race in Germany these days! ...
They raced on unclosed roads!?!

Leo Hayter's bars broke on his way to winning the u-23 TT, so he borrowed his brother's bike as apparently, they are exactly the same size. I'm going to out on a limb and say that's not the last time we'll be see him win on a Pinarello?
Sounds like a good hunch.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
The women's ITT in Germany was also a bit interesting with Ricarda Baurnfeind actually riding faster than Lisa Brennauer, though I'm not sure if the wind conditions changed during the day. Brennauer and Klein have also both been hampered by health issues this year, but Baurnfeind has also clearly improved a lot after she's joined Canyon Generation.

Edit: Brennauer crashed in the last corner and had to run to the line, so that obviously affected her time

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
The women's ITT in Germany was also a bit interesting with Ricarda Baurnfeind actually riding faster than Lisa Brennauer, though I'm not sure if the wind conditions changed during the day. Brennauer and Klein have also both been hampered by health issues this year, but Baurnfeind has also clearly improved a lot after she's joined Canyon Generation.

Edit: Brennauer crashed in the last corner and had to run to the line, so that obviously affected her time
Bauernfeind has been looking good this year. I wouldn't be surprised to see her step up to the wt team next season.

Because it's terrible English! Besides, does every post need to have a deep, profound meaning?

But, hey... at least they didn't call him 'Kasper', like B.T did...

Because they accidentally write "both" in two parts of the sentence?

I just think the forum would be a rather busy place if everytime anybody saw a mistake in an article from random news outlets, they needed to post it here...

TRENDING THREADS