• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tour de France 2022 Tour de France Start List

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Who could they take instead? Pernsteiner is like too tiny for the TOURDEFRANCE, Buitrago among others already did the Giro, Govekar, Zambanini, Maciejuk and Price-Pejtersen are neopros, Milan basically also.

So Williams was the only other option. I would have picked Gradek too to help protect the leaders in the first week.

Pernnsteiner also tested positive. I think Haussler and Novak were the only feasible other options

Apparently no Alaphillipe and no Cavendish as well. What a blow to Quickstep fans!

"Julian Alaphilippe (30) will not be in this year's Tour de France. This has been confirmed to our editors. The two-time world champion only made his comeback in the French championship on Sunday after he crashed heavily in Liège-Bastogne-Liège. Also brand new British champion Mark Cavendish is not at the start, although that was not the expectation. "

Apparently no Alaphillipe and no Cavendish as well. What a blow to Quickstep fans!

"Julian Alaphilippe (30) will not be in this year's Tour de France. This has been confirmed to our editors. The two-time world champion only made his comeback in the French championship on Sunday after he crashed heavily in Liège-Bastogne-Liège. Also brand new British champion Mark Cavendish is not at the start, although that was not the expectation. "

:(:(
I hope this was his own decision, too.

Interesting to see UAE with 3 domestiques for the flat. Seems lika good idea actually but I am not sure if Længen and Trentin are exactly the quality riders that Pogačar needs if he is caught out in an echelon or crash.

Trentin has not been performing at his best this year, but during his prime he has been a force in echelons and positioning. He was rarely caught off guard. Despite not being great on cobbles, he should be a plus for the team.

Laengen has a big engine and can climb a bit, but I'm not sure about his strength on echelons.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS