• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia, Stage 1: Fossacesia Marina – Ortona 19.6 km ITT (Saturday, May 6th)

Page 25 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I'm late to the party, did the 'Remco should also do the Tour to try the double' discussion already started?
only it would be the triple...

as he would then hold all three at the same time.

Bwahahaha.

NO! Please no. win this first, then belgian road, euro road, worlds TT, San Sebastian and Lombardy.

i know, i am not asking for much.

"Pog is a cyclist. Just better than everyone else. Remco feels like he is competing in a different sport." Daniel Friebe (paraphrased).

any idea what kind of bikes EOLO was using today? @pastronef maybe?

erik-fetter-of-hungary-and-team-eolo-kometa-sprints-next-to-the-trabucco-fishing-platform.webp

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Wow, incredible result. I was in shock initially and thought Remco could do the unthinkable - hold pink until Rome. Can he be a new Indurain (result, not stature)?

But now I have settled down I can see we still have some scope (hope?) for an exciting Giro. McNulty's performance was really impressive and we still hope Roglic's performance may have been hindered by his injury. Still there are 49km of time trialing left and stage 9 is almost flat so that will again expose any lingering issues from his shoulder surgery. And we can't be certain Roglic is going to beat Remco in the mountains anyway.

I am also surprised how far back was Thymen Arensman was - 32nd @ 1'31". Was expecting better. Still he is more a climber so we will see.

Wow, incredible result. I was in shock initially and thought Remco could do the unthinkable - hold pink until Rome. Can he be a new Indurain (result, not stature)?

But now I have settled down I can see we still have some scope (hope?) for an exciting Giro. McNulty's performance was really impressive and we still hope Roglic's performance may have been hindered by his injury. Still there are 49km of time trialing left and stage 9 is almost flat so that will again expose any lingering issues from his shoulder surgery. And we can't be certain Roglic is going to beat Remco in the mountains anyway.

I am also surprised how far back was Thymen Arensman was - 32nd @ 1'31". Was expecting better. Still he is more a climber so we will see.
Arensman's best results in TT's are at least on par with his best climbing results imho. His Vuelta stagewin was superb, but it was from a break. His other victory was a TT. He has 3 WT TT podiums.

Reactions: Cookster15

we still hope Roglic's performance may have been hindered by his injury

huh? what?

TRENDING THREADS