• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia, Stage 2: Teramo – San Salvo 201 km (Sunday, May 7th)

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, but my point is that normal sprinters have no business on those stages (maybe stage 11 is realistic).
You have watched first-week Vuelta stages before, right? Stages 5, 6 and 11 can all very easily be (close to) full bunch sprints. Stage 10 could be the same, but there the break has an actually-good shot. Only way for a lot of sprinters to get dropped is Jayco or someone else pacing the climbs.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
There was a lady there (in grey) getting hit pretty hard. She was filming on her cellphone, and thus not paying attention to the crash unfolding (others there stepped back, she didn't).
First of all I hope she, like everyone else who took a hit, is okay, but it was definitely her own fault for both standing too close to the riders and not paying any attention whatsoever.

Reactions: jmdirt
This top-3 though.. looks beyond dreadful!
Have you seen Milan in Croatia last year and in the Saudi Tour during the pre-season (beating Groene in a sprint stage and loosing only 28sec to Guerreiro, Buitrago and Formolo on the stage with the 3kms at 12% murito with 8kms to go?) The dude is a fast big guy and has a decent punch.
Without sickness/crashes I actually expected him to show something in the cobbled classics.

Tudor is indeed a complete joke. Yesterday was terrible, and so is today. Absolutely garbage of a job they are doing, unfortunately.
I don't think Tudor itself has much do with it. They are just the sponsor, and as far as I understood, the timing company is still the same as before.

But as the sponsor has changed, they obviously can't use Tissot's live platform anymore to provide the results, but need to rely on their own. Which seems to be crap.

I don't think Tudor itself has much do with it. They are just the sponsor, and as far as I understood, the timing company is still the same as before.

But as the sponsor has changed, they obviously can't use Tissot's live platform anymore to provide the results, but need to rely on their own. Which seems to be crap.
Having Tudor as a sponsor and not giving their team a wildcard is the most non-RCS thing that they've done in years :D

48 USA MCNULTY Brandon UAE Team Emirates + 12
54 IRL DUNBAR Edward Team Jayco-AlUla + 19
65 AUS HAIG Jack Bahrain Victorious + 19
67 AUS VINE Jay UAE Team Emirates + 19
76 GBR CARTHY Hugh EF Education-EasyPost + 19
77 GBR GEOGHEGAN HART Tao INEOS Grenadiers + 19
78 FRA PINOT Thibaut Groupama-FDJ + 19
84 COL URAN Rigoberto EF Education-EasyPost + 19
87 IRL HEALY Ben EF Education-EasyPost + 19
96 COL BUITRAGO Santiago Bahrain Victorious + 19
113 NED ARENSMAN Thymen INEOS Grenadiers + 31

48 USA MCNULTY Brandon UAE Team Emirates + 12
54 IRL DUNBAR Edward Team Jayco-AlUla + 19
65 AUS HAIG Jack Bahrain Victorious + 19
67 AUS VINE Jay UAE Team Emirates + 19
76 GBR CARTHY Hugh EF Education-EasyPost + 19
77 GBR GEOGHEGAN HART Tao INEOS Grenadiers + 19
78 FRA PINOT Thibaut Groupama-FDJ + 19
McNulty sat up, I think? He was there after the crash, as far as I could see.

TRENDING THREADS