• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Giro d'Italia 2023 Giro d'Italia, Stage 5: Atripalda - Salerno 171 km (Wednesday, May 10th)

Page 20 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Not a problem, everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am just saying is funny when someone enters the debate saying what is the big deal I am right!!
It is moot point indeed.
BTW, I really don't care about whose fault it was. I am more concerned about who got hurt and the reaction of Remco. Hoping everyone recovers pronto. :)
I wonder how Vlasov is doing. If i saw it correctly, he gets a bike slammed in his back while on the ground.

• Sad
Reactions: noob and Lui98
Yet they sent Groenewegen to different races with stages for sprinters with good climbing legs last year, like Dauphiné for example where they chased with the whole team for Groenewegen multiple times to get nowhere. Groves' program could have been so much better last year. Why should he have been confident that his program would have been better this year at Jayco?

Check Groves program in 2022 and 2023 - Prior to the Giro in 2022 he competed in 6 stage races - Except for the UAE, he was the leader in Turkey, Catalunya, Oman, Valenciana and Tirreno and he did a single one day race - Now of course his early year program was more arduous because his big target was the Vuelta - In 2023 he's done three stage races TDU, Catalunya, and PN as the leader and five one day races - And post the Giro in 2022 his program consisted of three stage races, Estonia, Poland, the Vuelta as the leader and he did nine one day races - His program was fine - Finally, as strange as it may seem, sprinters prefer stage races to one day races because in a normal stage race you'll get three opportunities to win, whereas a one day race gives you one opportuniy.

Reactions: Cookster15
Was it Bouwman who casually decided to take a piss against a wall while waiting for a bike after giving it to Roglic?

That was straight up hilarious. Dude just wipped his well yk out while the cameraman was - luckily from the back - filming him. Chaos around him, Bouwmann just casually pissing against a wall like it's 4 AM after a night out.

Last edited:
I dislike dogs with a passion, so they are obviously not fans of me, either. That certainly doesn't make me a bad person.

Animals have a pretty good sense. In most cases it is a problem with the owner if it is anything wrong with them, if they have not been raised right or are under-stimulated.

Cool, we have no idea to know if you are "good" or "bad". Just gotta take your word for it. Have a nice evening.

Reactions: Sandisfan and noob
"keeps drifting"... same can be said of Kirsch, who drifts way further and harder coming from behind. Nothing on him? Ok lol.
If Kirsch is the guy with whom he collided, no. He wasn't "drifting" he was moving to his left with intention and vision, into a wide open space. Completely normal and how one advances in a pack. Remco lets himself move laterally right while looking left, directly into the rear wheel of Kirsch(?).

If you move laterally in a pack without looking where you're going, you are at fault. Period. 100%.

If Remco's coaches and staff tell him anything different, they're enabling behavior that will make him crash again. This isn't complicated.

That was straight up hilarious. Dude just wipped his well yk out while the cameraman was - luckily from the back - filming him. Chaos around him, Bouwmann just casually pissing against a while like it's 4 AM after a night out.
Highlight of my Giro so far, that. Loved that he parked up Rog's bike neatly against that wall too before taking a piss right next to it.

If Kirsch is the guy with whom he collided, no. He wasn't "drifting" he was moving to his left with intention and vision, into a wide open space. Completely normal and how one advances in a pack. Remco lets himself move laterally right while looking left, directly into the rear wheel of Kirsch(?).

If you move laterally in a pack without looking where you're going, you are at fault. Period. 100%.

If Remco's coaches and staff tell him anything different, they're enabling behavior that will make him crash again. This isn't complicated.

I believe you are correct in your assessment.

I dislike dogs with a passion, so they are obviously not fans of me, either. That certainly doesn't make me a bad person.
No, but not knowing that a well-known Danish song from the 80s was a cover absolutely does.

I hope the crashed riders, dogs and posters will recover before tomorrow and be able to bury the hatchet and exchange eggs during the stage.

Back to c rash #1 and Sporza have compiled a list of animals vs the peloton. I forgot all about Philiipe Gilbert's angry confrontation with a dog's owners during the 2012 Tour.

Remcos new equipment for future races.
pomozna-kolesa-500-za-14-in-16-palcna-kolesa-b-twin.jpg

TRENDING THREADS