• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

27 march E3 prijs Harelbeke

Page 13 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bushman said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
good move that sky dumped hagen, immediately 10x stronger in the classics

An 18th place is really an incredible result, indeed.
I think you don't understand my post. I'm saying that Sky is stronger. Not hagen, you dimwit

Oops, yes I misunderstood that.

G has a HUGE engine and looks to be finally realizing his potential. Most talented rider at SKY IMO.

argyllflyer said:
Pricey_sky said:
luckyboy said:
I guess Stannard just peaked too early? Still a week to go but he wasn't good. People talked about him as a possible contender for De Ronde after his win

PR is the race for Stannard, they have Thomas for Ronde.

Has Wiggins ever won a road stage (i.e. non TT) apart from his British champs win in 2011?

He won a reduced bunch sprint stage at Romandie in 2012. I hope Wiggins is ready to work for Stannard and Thomas because on current form they are clearly Sky's leaders in the big 2 races.

Bushman said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bushman said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

I think you don't understand my post. I'm saying that Sky is stronger. Not hagen, you dimwit

G has a HUGE engine and looks to be finally realizing his potential. Most talented rider at SKY IMO.

you think G is the most talented rider at Sky? ahead of multiple world, olympic, TT world champion, and multiple stage race winning tour de france champion bradley wiggins? on what are you basing that statement.
p.s. i love G but not yet, though i agree he is developing into someone that i always hoped he'd be.

Pricey_sky said:
argyllflyer said:
Pricey_sky said:
luckyboy said:
I guess Stannard just peaked too early? Still a week to go but he wasn't good. People talked about him as a possible contender for De Ronde after his win

PR is the race for Stannard, they have Thomas for Ronde.

Has Wiggins ever won a road stage (i.e. non TT) apart from his British champs win in 2011?

He won a reduced bunch sprint stage at Romandie in 2012. I hope Wiggins is ready to work for Stannard and Thomas because on current form they are clearly Sky's leaders in the big 2 races.

ah yeah cheers - I remember that now you mention it.

Singer01 said:
Bushman said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Bushman said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

you think G is the most talented rider at Sky? ahead of multiple world, olympic, TT world champion, and multiple stage race winning tour de france champion bradley wiggins? on what are you basing that statement.
p.s. i love G but not yet, though i agree he is developing into someone that i always hoped he'd be.

Tbh I didn't really consider Wiggins, I was mostly thinking about the 'new' generation og Froome, Porte, Kennaugh and son on. I think G has the potential to be a better road rider than Wiggins, though he will never be as good a tt'er.